Thread: Cold engine start-up smoke

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold engine start-up smoke

Hi, I have white/grey smoke on cold start on my 2003 ZD30 Patrol, and it clears after a couple hundred meters of drive. Water tank is full of green coolant and does not change in level. When engine is hot it does not smoke at all. I am goin to check glow plugs soon. Car has done 132000km. Any experience on this? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaky injector might be the problem as it sits overnight one or more faulty injectors might loose fuel out of the injectors causing unburnt fuel not to burn properly, going out the exhaust as white/grey smoke

https://costeffective.com.au/2017/03...s-you-a-story/
    WHITE SMOKE occurs when raw diesel comes through the exhaust completely intact and unburned. Some causes of this include

Faulty or damaged injectors
    Incorrect injection timing (could be a worn timing gear or damaged crankshaft keyway).
    Low cylinder compression (eg caused by leaking or broken valves, piston ring sticking, cylinder and/or ring wear, or cylinder glaze)
    When white smoke occurs at cold start, and then disappears as the engine warms up, the most common causes are fouling deposits around piston rings and/or cylinder glazing. Use of our Flushing Oil Concentrate and FTC Decarbonizer address these respective problems.
    DONT FORCE IT! ......Get a bigger hammer