OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the difference between Snake Racing and Superior Engineering opinions ?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    I got offered a 3 inch lift kit for $2650 3 inch Ride Pro springs and 4 inch shocks, Tuff dog front and rear panhards, superior drop box and extended brake lines,I can not remember if there were extended link pins in there as well, I only need them fir tge back
    If it were me, I would go 4inch. Theres bugger all from 2-3, only anything above two is illegal and should be engineered to make it legal. That kit has drop boxes and adjustable panhards, so you might aswell go 4. But thats my opinion. But you will need an adjustable drag link.
    If not, stick with a decent two inch kit and it will be fine. It will fit 33's under it easily.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be a 4 inch system eventually I have a RTT so I was worried about C of G so to keep it more balanced of was looking at a 3 inch lift with a 1 inch body lift and I already have my adjustable drag link on

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the difference between Snake Racing and Superior Engineering opinions ?

Only my opinion FP mate but do worry now for your safety with the newfound knowledge above of your Roof Top Tent up there too.
    Most of our local crew here near the mountains only run 2” lifts, I think only one bloke has a 1” body lift beyond the rest and we all have relatively safe C of G adventures. More than enough downwards travel in our suspensions to attack some pretty gnarly rutted tracks on naughty 35’s mate!

EDIT: Our BFG Km2’s ever so slightly can just scrub the front guards at full lock 45 degree hairpin descents, maybe more severe on something wild like SuperSwamper massive lugs etc...

EDIT#2 :-) : The GU blokes have the advantage of wider axles (better CofG) and also larger stock guard areas. The GQ blokes are still just ok on front ends with 2” only lift although do have to modify rear wagon guards slightly for 35’s on 2” lifts.

Is your beast a GU or GQ mate, couldn’t seem to find above written, although is getting late here :-) !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 26th July 2018 at 11:10 PM.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be a 4 inch system eventually I have a RTT so I was worried about C of G so to keep it more balanced of was looking at a 3 inch lift with a 1 inch body lift and I already have my adjustable drag link on
    you have a GQ yeah?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a Gq

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a Gq
    Roger! Makes sense for the body lift. But thats a lot of work doing a body lift isn't it? I would have thought its easier just to add the extra inch to the springs since your doing these anyway.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are right about the extra inch it is easier but because of my RTT it changes the C of G so by useing the body lift instead it keeps my C of G lower to the ground and by only lifting it by an inch it isn't to bad just need to make new brackets for the front and rear bar and modify the fan shroud aand of course longet brake lines that is it anything higher gets in to more problems

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whats the difference between Snake Racing and Superior Engineering?

Snake Racing - is emptying a bag full of snakes in the middle of a circle and first to cross the circumference wins (usually it is the snake handler).

Superior Engineering - is yet another one of the many advantages of owning a Patrol over a Land Cruiser.

(I know... I know... but posting idiot comments is what I am paid to do around here)
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Clunk (27th July 2018), JackoGQYoot (29th July 2018), Rossco (27th July 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12