OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: 1 inch body lift how good does it look without modifications?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 inch body lift how good does it look without modifications?

Can you get away with a 1 inch body lift without having to move bumpers and side steps,does the front bar look realy stupid without modifications,I was considering a body lift but not if I have to start buying new bars for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 1 inch body lift on mine but do have bar work adjusted to suit. Would notice it without but depends on how much your OCD kicks in weather you can live with it or not, don't think i could but OCD is up there . . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you replace the bar work or did you get brackets to lift it back up?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I worked off my rear bar which is a race bred bar to suit a 1 inch lift and had some fairly involved brackets which would have been a pain to get to work but doable. Also luckily found an ARB bar that had already been modified to suit a 1 inch lift, however this was replacing an older ARB bar which i got Aus 4WD to modify for me. Didn't cost much, depending how handy you are with a welder and grinder isn't too bad of a job. Rock sliders did myself and was pretty straight forward just cut mounts off and readjusted.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just out of curiosity , why do you want a 1 inch lift . i thought the standard body lift that people did was 2 inches .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason i did it was i originally had a 40ml lift (for some reason just to be different) and then the rear bar i got was to suit a 1 inch. Worked of that but happy with 1 inch, helps with sub tank plumbing and is a good compromise between a little extra guard clearance coupled with some trimming there, and not standing out too much (used black blocks so can't really notice it) and still reasonable handling.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reason i asked is i am considering putting in a body lift so that i can fit a superiour engineering , rear suspension strenthening plate to prevent the top mounts from cracking as i would like to tow a van in the future . the gvm upgrade would be a welcome bonus . i would prefer to fit the solid plate instead of the brackets as i think it would be stronger . i think superiour engineering suggest a 2 inch lift but i would like to keep it to a minimum and i would prefer to do it before looking at any suspension work to ensure no compatibility issues . but i had not yet considered any issues to do with bars or running boards . is there anything else that needs adjusting ? ( fuel tank connections , gear leavers , brackets for any wiring , piping or hoses , radiators or such ) . sometimes its the little things that cause the most trouble if your not prepared for them and i can't afford to have the car off the road for long atm .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nipagu7 if you are talking about the coil tower brace I doubled checked and I was right you don't need a body lift with that brace

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Superior Tower brace in my GQ. It was fitted when i had the 2' Body lift in. I have removed the body lift and fitted a 20mm body lift and could probably have got away with full removal of the body lift. it would be tight though. Good luck fitting that brace without undoing the body mounts and jacking the body to get it in there. This could be done though. Note also the top mounts of the rear shocks are basically inaccessible now! damn it!! if i ever have to change out the shocks i need to jack the body, remove the brace kit and take a bloody shock out!! Ridiculous! Good kit though.

I have fitted the bolt in Boss Brace kit to the GUIV which was severely torn and id fit this kit again without hesitation. No Body lift required.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have the boss kits in the GQ which I have great faith in and very glad I've done- good piece of mind. Good kit, installed mine when i took the cab off which was easy from other accounts sounds like a right pain to do from underneath. .