Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: On track 4x4 HMBCift kit

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, agree with the scourge of FB - although I much prefer forums. The information is put under categories and people tend to have a look through threads rather than simply asking the same question over and over again. Having said that - if you FB search the forums then yeah, that 180kg will crop up, and I haven't seen it here just yet. Scott Fleming on 14 September raised it on AussiePatrol FB page. I've added a photo of another 180kg increase plate someone put on also... I'm in the same boat - 150kg would be fantastic as I'm borderline now. I think I may go down that route, once I research it a bit more and consider internal controls to electrically adjust the airbags.

180KG Increase.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think David Dash had the 180kg upgrade done to his Patrol , the engineer had to do lane change and braking tests on a airfield somewhere near Adelaide , probably cost more than the On Track gvm will , if they eventually get it approved.

David Dash's Patrol is not a HBMC model and that photo of the Mod Plate is on a 2013 so it's not HBMC either ,

That upgrade wouldn't be approved for our HBMC models ,

I did check with On Track on how their upgrade was coming along before I fitted the Air Bags , they said it has to happen because it has cost them a small fortune so far , hmm I hope it does.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

CamJam (31st December 2018), hopwrecked (10th February 2019)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    I think David Dash had the 180kg upgrade done to his Patrol , the engineer had to do lane change and braking tests on a airfield somewhere near Adelaide , probably cost more than the On Track gvm will , if they eventually get it approved.

David Dash's Patrol is not a HBMC model and that photo of the Mod Plate is on a 2013 so it's not HBMC either ,

That upgrade wouldn't be approved for our HBMC models ,

I did check with On Track on how their upgrade was coming along before I fitted the Air Bags , they said it has to happen because it has cost them a small fortune so far , hmm I hope it does.
    Ah yes, there's one from 2016 with the 180kg GVM increase and I assumed it'd be HBMC - quite possibly not.

If it's available for HBMC, I got told by an qualified/ certifying ACT engineer that the test and certification would be less than $1100. I was enquiring about a generic GVM increase as I have heard that even if the OnTrack one is federally approved, it still needs to be state-approved (more a formal thing in that case, but still needs to be done). From what I have heard locally, it depends on the engineer on whether they want the full gambit of tests conducted on your specific vehicle or if they're happy that the testing has been done elsewhere on a similar car/ set up. He indicated to me that the Federal approval would negate the need for the full suite of tests.

I'm also going to enquire as to whether or not they can certify the car with 130kg on the roof. I doubt it, as that's a structural and ESC thing, but you never know.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep ok , I might make some enquiries around here in the new year , the place I got my airbags from I know works with a engineer for some things ,
    I would think a 2016 Patrol would have to be a HBMC but not sure when Nissan dropped the std suspension.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamJam View Post
    Certainly has been quiet! I've been overseas for a bit over a month and come back to have a look and... not much! Everyone must be enjoying the good weather (I've heard about).

Jacko - a short solution for you may be the airbags? Apparently with those you can get an engineer to put your GVM up by 180kg's. Give's you a little more wiggle room but also should stop that sag happening. The facebook post had a dude in QLD getting the upgrade, and I've since found out there's an Engineer in ACT who'll do the same. Unsure where 180kg comes from - perhaps axle weight tolerances, wheels or similar - but all of them do 180Kg... possibly a short term for you? I've only clocked 17,000-odd now, but that's with 6 weeks off!

The Rotopax I saw when overseas with other countries using them. They are very expensive, but the most durable things you can find on the market. Any google of Rotopax will come up with what I have - I've got 2 x 4-gallon (15 litre) tanks mounted with a Front Runner bracket to the roof. I figure 170L is all I will need and if I ever need more, will just add Rotopax systems.

I'm surprised you've definitely hit the bump stops - you have a Rhino don't you? so less weight than mine by around 25kg's or so (although from memory you have a winch, so that likely negates it). Maybe I have and just haven't noticed, or you're doing much harder roads than I! I might go out and mark them with some chalk and see what happens next week I'm in Bendethra.

@1nando - Absolutely. I would just like it returned to stock height but that's not an option dammit. I went for a 30mm lift on the Prado for the same reason - didn't want a lift, just needed added stiffness at the front. And even then that caused issues with Toyota and any warranty (got a letter after a couple of DPFs stating that any driveline claims from the engine back wouldn't be covered due to a permanent lift).
    Hi mate, did you end up checking whether or not your hitting the bump stops?

I've just installed the same TJM bar as you and also put a set of 9" tjm driving lights on. Over speed humps I think it's definitely nose diving further than pre bullbar but uncertain as to whether it may be hitting. Ive actually been hitting some hard intentionally to see what happens but too difficult to tell

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just grab a torch and have a look you will easily see where the rubber bump stops have been touching it will be nice and shiny ,
    I will almost put money on its been bottoming out , can't see why it would be any different to mine .

I have fitted Air Bags to the rear the jury is still out as to if they will be enough .

Did you take any measurements before the bar and lights were fitted .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nando View Post
    Hi mate, did you end up checking whether or not your hitting the bump stops?

I've just installed the same TJM bar as you and also put a set of 9" tjm driving lights on. Over speed humps I think it's definitely nose diving further than pre bullbar but uncertain as to whether it may be hitting. Ive actually been hitting some hard intentionally to see what happens but too difficult to tell

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    At some point I have, but I've been checking infrequently and two of those trips involved having some fun in the Brindabella Ranges and in the snowy's. It's never been noticed by me, so my take on it is that they're doing their job and when they do touch, it's more likely something like that - certainly never been 'hit' with any force that I've noticed. I just looked under our Volvo V40 Cross Country and they've also been touched (not lifted and the most it sees is a gravel road) so I'm leaning towards the notion that all is good.

My main concern with hearing about people 'hitting' the bump stops was that it'd be sending a jarring feel through the vehicle or limiting the ability of the car - that's certainly not the case.

But alas, I think I need to lift it. From what I hear, the GVM upgrade comes up with a mandatory 2" lift with it and I'm pretty keen on the GVM increase. Having said that - with the extra 585kg they're looking at putting into the equation, I may be able to turn that 2" into 1" with a few add-ons now like a rear bar and permanently install the fridge etc in the back. I wonder if the GVM increase increases the front axel weight limit too?

Got to say - loving this naturally aspirated vehicle. Nothing is going wrong with it! Little squeaks in the dash - but that's where the units been taken out and a UHF put behind the HVAC controls and nothing I can't fix with rubber washers when I can be bothered.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, just shifted to y62 from 12 years of 200 and in Mongolia. Love the vehicle and its power. Mine is 2018 y62 LE which is similar to TI-L. I have been trying to find a way to lift mine 2 inches. And I would rather disassemble HBMC and put 2inch front coil spring. Have you guys come across any specific front coil spring that will do it? Thanks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, do you know any specific 2inch springs that can replace std HBMC front coil springs?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234