Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On track 4x4 HMBCift kit

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was only joking , it is what it is , I think the 14ish I'm getting is pretty good the Rhino Bar and Winch I have had for a few tanks but doesn't seem to of made any difference,
    The 3 Rhino roof bars haven't been there for a tank yet but going by the dash readout it's not looking to bad , I know one tank is not enough to tell .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of my 21000kms I have done more than half of that between Sydney- Adelaide. Adelaide- Melbourne, Melbourne- Sydney multiple times and I drive in 110 zones at 115 and 100 zones at 103 according to gps. My average is under 12.5ltrs/100. In fact easily between 10-12 average.

Sydney to Gulgong across the blue mountains with its many hills and climbs sees 12-13 ltr/100 which I reckon is bloody good as i roar past every overloaded diesel struggling up hills.

In the eastern suburbs of Sydney however I manage between 18-20 depending on how hard I boot it of the lights and stop start traffic. I have seen as high as 23 when I get over excited or overly frustrated with spastics trying to sneak in rather than waiting there turn. I'd rather crash into someone than let them in thinking their time is more important than mine and not willing to do the right thing and wait like everyone else! Fkem!

Mine is a s4 ti that's completely standard other than a Engel fridge in the back. I don't know whether a OL bull bar, roof rack and tyres would take that closer to 14-15 on the highway and 20-22 in town...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1nando; 22nd September 2018 at 07:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just give Andrew at On Track a call Im sure he can answer all your problem
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

5. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

1nando (8th November 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fit aftermarket cv boots and maybe uca's
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin07 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why not just ring Andrew, Ill pop down and see him and see what he has to say.
    Need to see him anyway as getting some smoothies fitted soon
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

9. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update to close my contribution to this tread - on a car without the lift kit but with a TJM Explorer bar, spot lights and UHF aerial hanging off the front. I've had no issues (as far as I am aware) of hitting the bump stops without the lift. From Canberra, we have gone from to Lightning Ridge, Birdsville, Cameron Corner (all via back roads and ranges), Flinders Ranges, Vic High Country, Brindabella ranges and done a couple of 4WD courses - never once hitting the bump stops. Most of the time we'd be at 3300 - 3500kg all loaded.

The 'stop', if there is one, is the GVM (despite this having one of, if not the, best payloads of a 4WD wagon on the market). So I think I will still get the lift - but only due to it being part of the much-promised but yet to be realised GVM upgrade from OnTrack. That's going to be around $6000, but I think that's the only thing stopping this vehicle from being the best touring vehicle I have owned. With the GVM upgrade comes the ability to carry more fuel, and I'm loving the Rotopax system of fuel storage at the moment (low profile, bloody durable) to I'll with 4 x 15L jerry's we're looking at a 200L fuel supply and an ability to go anywhere in comfort, with power, legally.

If it weren't for the GVM increase, I'd not go the 2" lift as I don't think it needs it for touring.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

1nando (24th December 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day CJ , its been kinda quite around here lately

I like you would rather not lift the Patrol , just back to std ride height would be ok but I will look at " On Tracks " GVM upgrade if they ever get it approved .
    I have towed a Tvan to my Daughters place in Malanda Qld just recently and returned home without it

The arse of the 62 dropped a fair bit with the Tvan attached , I fitted some Air Bags when we got home but haven't towed our Tvan with them yet .
    My bump stops have definitely bottomed out both front and rear .

I haven't needed to carry any extra fuel yet but I'm interested in the Rotopax system of fuel storage you are using , its on ya roof I assume , got ant pic's

I don't want all the extra weight of a big tank under the arse and definitely don't want a bloody wheel hanging of the back , it would give me the shyts every time I went to open the back door

My 62 has just clocked up 20K , its in for a service 3 Jan .

catch ya regards Jacko

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat as both of you (Jacko and Cam).
    If on track did a small 25mm lift id buy it asap. I'm not convinced on the 50mm....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly has been quiet! I've been overseas for a bit over a month and come back to have a look and... not much! Everyone must be enjoying the good weather (I've heard about).

Jacko - a short solution for you may be the airbags? Apparently with those you can get an engineer to put your GVM up by 180kg's. Give's you a little more wiggle room but also should stop that sag happening. The facebook post had a dude in QLD getting the upgrade, and I've since found out there's an Engineer in ACT who'll do the same. Unsure where 180kg comes from - perhaps axle weight tolerances, wheels or similar - but all of them do 180Kg... possibly a short term for you? I've only clocked 17,000-odd now, but that's with 6 weeks off!

The Rotopax I saw when overseas with other countries using them. They are very expensive, but the most durable things you can find on the market. Any google of Rotopax will come up with what I have - I've got 2 x 4-gallon (15 litre) tanks mounted with a Front Runner bracket to the roof. I figure 170L is all I will need and if I ever need more, will just add Rotopax systems.

I'm surprised you've definitely hit the bump stops - you have a Rhino don't you? so less weight than mine by around 25kg's or so (although from memory you have a winch, so that likely negates it). Maybe I have and just haven't noticed, or you're doing much harder roads than I! I might go out and mark them with some chalk and see what happens next week I'm in Bendethra.

@1nando - Absolutely. I would just like it returned to stock height but that's not an option dammit. I went for a 30mm lift on the Prado for the same reason - didn't want a lift, just needed added stiffness at the front. And even then that caused issues with Toyota and any warranty (got a letter after a couple of DPFs stating that any driveline claims from the engine back wouldn't be covered due to a permanent lift).

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CJ , the 180 upgrade is to the max axle rating I'm guessing , that would be very close to being enough .

Our 62 is about the same weight as yours , on the bridge with the Tvan and full load for QLD trip , we were
    1560kg front axel , 2000kg rear axel and the Tvan axel was 1080kg , I didn't bother unhooking for the Ball Weight but our Tvan is about 170 - 180 .

So we were over by 80kg in the Patrol but I did have all my recovery gear I take to the Highcountry , I would normally leave some of that at home but I thought stuff leave it there and see how she goes.

Looking under the vehicle I can see where the bump rubbers have contact the stops .

I did google those Rotopax fuel containers , they do look good about $160 for the 15lt ones , plus mounting hardware.

Face Book is the reason this place is so quite , FB has just about killed off most forums .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast