OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust and tune (better economy?)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhaust and tune (better economy?)

Hi all,

So i recently purchased a 2014 Patrol Y62 Ti-L, completely understanding that fuel usage was going to be higher than your average 4x4, but going off figures others had stated on here and on various other forums I was under the impression it would be around the 15-20l per 100km.

Mine has been sitting around the 23-24l per 100km..

Now the car does have a few mods done, roofrack, bullbar, 2" lift, and all terrains (still 33"), and most of the driving it has done so far has been shorter trips which I know doesn't help.

Should I be happy with these figures? Or, is there something I should be checking that could be causing it to use excessive amounts of fuel.. Or would I be better off going down the path of an exhaust and tune to try and shave a few l/100 off??

(yes I know it's a petrol V8, I had done plenty of research before purchasing, just seems mine seems to be drinking a bit more juice than it should be)

thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try simple things first tyre pressures etc. New air cleaner, clean the maf sensor. Better flowing exhaust systems will help but most for these are cat back due to the cats being apart of the exhaust manifolds. Depending how its been driven prior to your ownership and the kms it has travelled the cats could also be on the way out. I am currently looking at putting in a complete exhaust system headers all the way to the tail pipe this will mean easier and cheaper cat replacements if they are required.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

shakey55 (11th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Try simple things first tyre pressures etc. New air cleaner, clean the maf sensor. Better flowing exhaust systems will help but most for these are cat back due to the cats being apart of the exhaust manifolds. Depending how its been driven prior to your ownership and the kms it has travelled the cats could also be on the way out. I am currently looking at putting in a complete exhaust system headers all the way to the tail pipe this will mean easier and cheaper cat replacements if they are required.
    Matty, can you reset the computer to adjust to a new loud pedal style? Not really aware of computerised injection systems I drive the tractor model Y61 which consistently chews 13l/100km but have heard the more tech models align with historical driver style?

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone recommend a good Y62 mechanic in Brisbane for my servicing on a 2018 Ti?
    Also, is there a Brisbane based accessories fitter that anyone can recommend for 2nd batter etc