Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan warranty issues

Hello,

To cut a long story short, does anyone have an email addresses for Nissan Australia other than csc@nissan.com.au

I've had an ongoing Nissan Warranty issue for almost three months. For the last two months it's got to the stage where the dealer won't return phone calls or emails, this is after repeated followup emails as I would like to have everything in writing. I've rung Nissan Australia and they told me that a warranty issue has to go through the dealer. I then sent Nissan Australia a detailed email of issues I am having and asked them to followup, I received an automated reply that they would respond in 2 business days. No reply so I rang them again, they told me they forward it on to the dealer for action. Emailed again and requested escalation and response, still waiting.

Going round and round in circles.

Meanwhile my warranty has expired!
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack, I exprerienced circular issues with Nissan and the dealership in 1997 when I bought my GQ - funny how things never change! I went for the throat, sent a fax to the managing director of Nissan, Leon Daffney, outlined the issues, and gave them 24 hours to respond or I was going to the press. My vehicle issue were resolved that day, and I have never been back to that dealer again, never will. I suggest you make some calls or find an alternate email address to get to a Marketing Manager or Operations Director. You are obviously getting the run around from the service angle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

jack (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1st point - Well done for getting a 'paperwork trail' happening.
    Because of that starting while under warranty you are still covered under Aust. Consumer Law even tho the Warranty has since expired.

2nd Point - Nissan Aust Warranty and Customer Service is SHIT!!!
    Always has been and seems it always will be.
    If you get caught with a shit Dealer as well it is enough to send a normal bloke homicidal.
    Luckily my local Dealer is/was OK and would do stuff under the table and not involve Nissan Aust where he could.
    He is by every sense of the word an exception.

3rd Point - I agree with PeeBee and your efforts to get a 'human' point of contact inside.
    Getting an outside entity like Fair Trading et al involved is a two part thing.
    First off it gives Nissan another investigation to hide behind shrt term but usually gets a result long term.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (6th June 2018), jack (6th June 2018), PeeBee (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks PeeBee, I've exhausted the internet trying to get an alternative contact - they are impossible to find.

My family have purchased five Nissans in the last 12 years, three from this dealer but they don't care. Nissan used to have their executive names on their website but not anymore. I've found Leon Daphne via LinkedIn but unfortunately he's retired.

I'll post up the full story when it gets resolved (if ever), I'm a persistent person and being retired I have the time to follow this up.
    Cheers
    Jack

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (7th June 2018), the evil twin (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, should never upset retired people (or Gov't employees)...

"Just ignore them, they'll stop wasting their time and go away" does not apply. :-)
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (6th June 2018), jack (6th June 2018), MudRunnerTD (6th June 2018), Plasnart (7th June 2018), Winnie (7th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When unresolved issues revolve around the service provided by a dealer who will not communicate nor do the right thing & Nissan Australia simply refer the matter back to that dealer all they are doing is washing their hands of it & at the same time encouraging the dealer to behave badly. It's akin to putting the fox in charge of what happened in the henhouse, & really is a disgraceful state of affairs which just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

We here all love our Nissans, but as ET says their customer service is SHIT!

Keep on their backs Jack, someone has to show them they can't get away with doing the wrong thing & that they have an obligation to customers who have shelled out not inconsiderable amounts of money for their products.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this might lead somewhere Jack?

Stephen Lester is the current Managing Director of Nissan Australia.

https://rocketreach.co/stephen-lester-email_1736501

https://au.linkedin.com/in/stephenlester

Corporate Headquarters
    260-270 Frankston Dandenong Road
    Dandenong South, Victoria 3175

Australia

Phone: 1800 035 035
    Last edited by Cuppa; 6th June 2018 at 01:54 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jack (6th June 2018), Maxhead (6th June 2018), mudnut (6th June 2018), the evil twin (6th June 2018), Woof (6th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cuppa,

The 1800 035 035 number is the one I've already called a couple of times.

To contact him via LinkedIn I need to follow him first, wait for him to approve and then I can message him and hope he reads it. Only other option is to pay for the Premium Edition of LinkedIn and apparently I can message him, and again hope he reads it.
    From what I can see on his profile he's hasn't made a comment in years and liked one post in the last 6 months, (which is more than I've done on LinkedIn in the last 3 years).
    Rocketreach wants you to register and is a bit like a web bot, 3 free searches and then $49 p/m. Also doesn't rate very highly from what I can find.

At the moment I'll keep looking but will probably go the Consumer Affairs, watch this space. It's not the money, it's the principle and they have pi55ed me off big time.
    Cheers
    Jack

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (7th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post

At the moment I'll keep looking
    How about this one Jack? I *think* it's current. No idea what 'General Manager - Corporate Communications' is though, but might be a pathway in?

screenshot_1110.jpg
    Last edited by Cuppa; 7th June 2018 at 09:26 AM.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jack (7th June 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good find Cuppa...

Altho the way Nissan communicate most would think that position would be 'vacant'

19. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

jack (7th June 2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast