Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally a decent review?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry Mods but I like Seagulls, Chips and Popcorn so here goes... here are the VFACT Sales figures for calendar year 2017.
    Given all 3 "models" in the discussion have been in Oz for several years now so pretty much a level playing field they are interesting.

200 Series... 12,814

Prado... 15,982

Patrol... 916
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Sorry Mods but I like Seagulls, Chips and Popcorn so here goes... here are the VFACT Sales figures for calendar year 2017.
    Given all 3 "models" in the discussion have been in Oz for several years now so pretty much a level playing field they are interesting.

200 Series... 12,814

Prado... 15,982

Patrol... 916
    I'd love to know the faults per vehcile ratio. I'd bet decent money that the Datsun would have the least issues. Thats part of the reason why they outsell those 2 vehciles everywhere else in the world

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YTD 2018 in the US...

Nissan Patrol = 18,445 (Nissan Armada)
    Toyota Prado = 11,670 (Lexus GX)
    Toyota Land Cruiser = 1,536

Sales figures are irrelevant and a pointless comparison between cars (Corolla is not the market leading car in any area). It's so heavily led by bias, marketing and government sales in any given country it's not worth it. The fact people raise it at all, to me, suggests the vehicle itself can't stand on it's own in a comparison, and/or the person making the argument doesn't know enough to point out area's of competitive edge over another.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most of its irrelevant. I bought a Y62 cos I wanted to and it suits my needs. I wanted a patrol not a landcruiser. I only looked at one other option over the y62 and that was an audi Q7 TD V8. I am a diesel fitter and would unlikely buy a modern diesel. The engines themselves are usually pretty good but all the emission crap they put on diesels these days is what kills their reliability and simplicity.

If I cared for fuel economy I would have bought a prius. But I bought a 5.6L V8 that does everything I ask of it with ease and everyone is very comfortable and entertained inside.

I feel there is no real comparison for petrol vs diesel. Diesel might be more fuel efficient but servicing and reliability is getting costly. Petrol is currently 20c/L cheaper here than diesel. So while my fuel bill might be more my servicing and reliability is cheaper/better. Basically I'm saying they are on similar ground for costing in this department and its purely a personal decision.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

1nando (15th July 2018), AD07 (17th July 2018), PeeBee (15th July 2018), vern (17th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CamJam View Post

snip... Sales figures are irrelevant and a pointless comparison between cars... The fact people raise it at all, to me, suggests the vehicle itself can't stand on it's own in a comparison, and/or the person making the argument doesn't know enough to point out area's of competitive edge over another.
    Thank you for using the "irrelevant and pointless" US figures against the "irrelevant and pointless" Aus figures to show the "fact" that I am "making an argument" because "I don't "know enough to point out area's of competitive edge" and the "vehicle itself can't stand on it's own in a comparison".

Firstly it isn't an argument and IMHO nissannewby at #24 is on the money.
    What I was highlighting was that, in 2017, the competitive edge/s of the Y62 still hasn't translated to vehicle sales and by a factor of more than 10 against the double Hunjy and the Prado.
    If the Oz figures are "irrelevant and pointless" then quoting foreign ones back must be even more so.

For the record, I wouldn't buy a Prado even if I won Lotto however I quite like the 200 series.
    The Prado's in our work fleet are sick of me abusing them but the 200 pulls one of our boats that weighs in at 3,499.9Kg dry all around W.A. and like it's predecessor has been faultless.
    Albeit we killed an SES 200 in the first week we had it at a water crossing when the Driver drowned it and we couldn't get the shit out of the Alternator to get it going.

Also for the record my next Patrol (lucky #7) will be a Y62 even tho Nissan Aust. do their best to stop me with their totally shithouse attitude and zero customer service. How the Dealer franchisees put up with it I do not know...
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeeze - way to jump to a conclusion that it must be personal! AFAIK, you didn't put anything out there to say one was better than the other - sorry if you think I was targeting you, but I wasn't because there's nothing you've said that suggests an argument. If an 'argument' is someone putting up figures, then someone else putting up other figures then that's news to me. If you re-read my post on it then you will see no where do I mention you or your comments. I can, however, see your point and I guess you'll just have to accept that it's likely a poor choice of words by me and if that's how you took it - sorry for that.

Yes, the Y62 still hasn't translated into sales figures. I know when I was looking at my 2016 Prado purchase I didn't even consider the Patrol simply because I remember that when it came out, it was over around $90K drive away - despite me being reasonably active in the 4WD scene nothing triggered a memory to suggest Nissan had lowered their price. No marketing for it and not enough momentum in ownership to hear it by word of mouth. I also waited 4 months for delivery and on two occasions was about to cancel the order due to their lack of knowledge and customer service.

The big difference of a Prado over a LC200 (and the reason I went to the Prado when I sold the 200) is the 750Kg payload on the Prado (similar to Patrol which from memory is 785Kg) versus the 610kg (VX model - Ti equivalent) on the LC200. That's a fair bit of mods that you are able to do on the Patrol or Prado before you hit the payload of a clean-skin LC200. And if you've only lost one LC in the SES you're doing well. So far we're at three Troopy's (one drowned, one rolled and one... melted) and a Hino since around 2003.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

1nando (16th July 2018), bazzaboy (16th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took delivery of my spiffy new Series 4 Y62 Ti yesterday.

Things I have noted so far;
    - Face hurts from smiling so much
    - Speedo - is overreading by 7% (60 KPH actual is 65 on the Speedo, 100 KPH actual is 107 on the speedo)
    - Odometer/Tripmeters - are almost dead accurate +/- maybe 1% at the most (100 Km known survey distance)
    - Trip computer fuel - 10.4 LPH Freeway cruise light/med traffic
    - Trip computer fuel - 13.3 LPH Urban commuter heavy traffic (Urban med traffic by Syd or Mel standards)
    - All around Cams and Zooms are the absolute bomb!!!
    - Selectable folding ext mirrors are also good idea
    - Factory Exhaust is shyte... that note? on a V8? Really? Mr Nissan obviously has shares in aftermarket Zorsts
    - Cruise isn't sensitive enough IE allows a couple too many K's to wash off before it compensates
    - Sunroof, ability to give a 360 degree finger to the wankers in their shitty Prados, just awesome
    - Series 4 grille and bumper looks great IMHO (some people bag it but it is indeed a subjective view so mine is the only one that counts)

Thats about is so far
    Last edited by the evil twin; 13th September 2018 at 10:41 AM.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (13th September 2018), AB (13th September 2018), Avo (13th September 2018), Clunk (13th September 2018), MB (13th September 2018), Touses (13th September 2018), Winnie (13th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 642 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling BS on this evil one. Where's the feckin photos of the shite eating grin !!!
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Touses View Post
    Calling BS on this evil one. Where's the feckin photos of the shite eating grin !!!
    Here ya go... this is the "just passed another Prado" smile

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

CamJam (13th September 2018), Touses (13th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 642 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Here ya go... this is the "just passed another Prado" smile

Your first selfie?
    I AM NOT STUBBORN.........I prefer the term, Singlemindedly independent !

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Touses For This Useful Post:

CamJam (13th September 2018), the evil twin (13th September 2018)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast