Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you live remote and soley rely on items being shipped to you then yeah go for it. If you have the option of driving and buying one off the shelf, I'd go for this. Purely for warranty issue reasons. Chinese ally radiators I'd be a bit cautious of...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using an ASI ally rad from eBay since I did my conversion 2 years ago. Paid $245 for the 52mm GU version.
    Have a friend in Melbourne who bought the same but his 1st one turned up a bit shoddy with marks in the core and signs it had been repaired. He complained and got a new one in return and is now happy with it.
    That's the kind of thing that can happen with eBay.
    Personally, I've had a lot of luck with chinese stuff and don't automatically shy away from stuff because it's made in China. Otherwise you get rid of half, or more, of what's in your house..

I tigged an alloy bung in the very top edge of mine for a Redarc low coolant alarm.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jff45 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (24th May 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    If you live remote and soley rely on items being shipped to you then yeah go for it. If you have the option of driving and buying one off the shelf, I'd go for this. Purely for warranty issue reasons. Chinese ally radiators I'd be a bit cautious of...
    Yeah mate going into a shop is a bit out of reach with a leaking radiator since i live about 700km from the nearest Supercheap lol thats why iv been looking at the ebay stuff

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HigginsGQ For This Useful Post:

mudski (24th May 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    I've been using an ASI ally rad from eBay since I did my conversion 2 years ago. Paid $245 for the 52mm GU version.
    Have a friend in Melbourne who bought the same but his 1st one turned up a bit shoddy with marks in the core and signs it had been repaired. He complained and got a new one in return and is now happy with it.
    That's the kind of thing that can happen with eBay.
    Personally, I've had a lot of luck with chinese stuff and don't automatically shy away from stuff because it's made in China. Otherwise you get rid of half, or more, of what's in your house..

I tigged an alloy bung in the very top edge of mine for a Redarc low coolant alarm.
    Thanks mate, yeah iv been pretty happy with my ebay stuff but i have had some stuff come broken/ damaged and been just told it must have been damaged in transport so im pretty happy to hear they replaced it.

Im looking at turboing it in the next 12 months so do you think it would handle the extra load?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 613 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines a factory turbo engine but with P4x4 18G and modified 11mm pump doing 140 rwkw and I pull a 2.5t caravan with no overheating issues but I also run a G35 fan on it.
    John

2001 GUII TI 4500 - Now converted to TD42T auto with Nomad valve body

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jff45 View Post
    Mines a factory turbo engine but with P4x4 18G and modified 11mm pump doing 140 rwkw and I pull a 2.5t caravan with no overheating issues but I also run a G35 fan on it.
    Yeah ok well i should have no dramas then iv already got a aux electric blower fan fitted up behind the grill wired up so it comes on when my ac compressor is in (only because everybody told me the TD42 was a kettle)
    Did the G35 fan make a big difference?
    Thanks for the advice mate