User Tag List

Thread: Air con not working

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air con not working

Took my 2011 gu into get the air con fixed and they said it has a leak in the suction line that goes from the main evaporator to the dual zone evaporator. They said a replacement line was going to cost $1600! They couldn't quote me on the labour as they don't know how long it will take as its in a bastard of a spot. Has anyone else had this issue? They said they could potentially repair the line but couldn't guarantee it would work once they spent the time putting it back together then pressure testing it. Any ideas?
    2011 ST, Steel bulbar, warn winch, snorkel, arb rear bar, uhf, dual batteries, on board compressor, 2" OME suspension

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take to another Air service place for a second opinion /advise and you said it's a leak , get out the Solder Iron /gas torch and repair it yourself , e.g. "its all copper" and hoses are of the shelf / / replacable regards Alex
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think A/C hard lines would all be Alloy not Copper ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>