Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gazebos

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've had an Oztrail Deluxe for so long, I can't remember when we got it. It has withstood camping at the Glenelg river during September, year after year.

We use heavy silver tarps as side walls. This allows us to peg it down very securely.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MB (24th May 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all, The 2 models Wanderer and Oztrail sound good. Other forums say the Spinifex is much the same (exactly) as the Oztrail. A guy at BCF had the Wanderer & Oztrail alongside each other (not set up) just the boxes and he said he liked the Wanderer as the steel frames were slightly thicker. In the good old days of surveying in the bush of pre KAKADU (that's what the surveying was for and just showing my age) we would set up big army tarps between a couple of trees and knock about 6 or so 6ft star pickets in each side and tie them off. This was for 3 week periods and I never saw a wind blow the tarp away even though she would flap around a bit at times. But that was when we had the luxury of having the room to carry all of those pickets and the big old tarp around. I have been bush a few times now with the gazebos and they are so compact and do a good job but like anything do need to be anchored securely and still probably wouldn't hold down in a mini cyclone but hey ....what would.
    Maybe inclined to go with the Wanderer may go around around around

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhillipA For This Useful Post:

MB (24th May 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12