Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,592 Times in 720 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G`day 10g.
    I`ve done the lot from swag to caravan, way back in 2001 we decided to forkout for an off road smallish van, did alot of research and were in negations for a new unit to be built to our specks. But while this was happening I was browsing the second hand market and there it was, a unit that I was investigating, only problem was the lay out was not quite what we wanted but as it had only done 350klms and me saving around $9000 over the new price the deal was done. I still have it and since 2001 it has most probably clocked up some 300-350 thousand Ks with well over half on dirt and tracks. since buying it , Yes I have done a couple of mods , removed things that we did not want and added a couple of things we needed. Point being. We bought what we thought would suit our needs then did a few mods, but I knew what I basically,wanted and then did the mods.Personally I would not by a new van, but would look at some thing around late 90`s and early 2000, vans don`t do many k`s ,well not many and there are a lot of older, much better built units that you can do a few mods to out there at very good dollars. My unit is a 2001 Supreme Get Away(pop top) , internal length 4mts external width is 2mts and weights in at 1800 kgs Pluses, Full steel tub, independent suspension, 3ton rated axle and bearings ,12inch brakes, easy set up, most times I don`t disconnect(for one night stop overs) no wet pack ups. Easy hitch up and go as the only thing I load at home is food and beer, every thing else is ready to go. Best of luck with your decision.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

AB (22nd May 2018)