Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Drive

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah CJ , I have seen a lot of varying prices , like I said it's the change over price I'm interested in , I have said what I'm prepared to pay change over , taking into account the sticker price of the new vehicle .
    Buying cash no trade is different to trading a vehicle , I don't care if the sticker price is 200k , that just means I wants extra 100k for mine .
    It's the number on the bottom of the page , I look at .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the deal a couple of days ago signed up for a new Ti , got a pretty good deal I think . We take delivery about the 18th next month ( June ) then I guess I will look into setting it up , I don't intend to go overboard on mods , a bar to take my Runva Winch , fit out the back to take my fridge and the other junk we carry , I'm thinking I would like to have the second battery in the back rather than under the bonnet , I will probably go see FourBy Fitouts in Hallam their gear looks very good
    It's going to be very different setting up a wagon than a Ute with tray .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

AB (24th May 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, it must be Patrol month in Canberra. I brought a TI-L on Friday.

I found the seats comfortable. I am 190cm and 100kgs.

It is replacing a RG Colorado.

Nick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rzets For This Useful Post:

1nando (29th May 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all us newbies scour forums for a reference point on how much to pay for something we are not so experienced in.

I paid $86k drive-away in the ACT (1st time rego is a bit more expensive than other states) for my Ti-L, including tow bar, roof racks and the 5 year warranty. The car has to be delivered to the dealer ie. was not on the lot. It has to be a 2018 build.

Hope this helps others looking to buy to get a better deal.

Nick

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined this forum not for the price others were paying , like I said above it's the change over price that matters , if buying without a trade in that would be different.
    I was looking to see if there were any mechanical / warranty issues , there doesn't seem to be many .
    Although I did that with the last 4WD but it wasn't until after I bought the bloody thing a couple of things showed up that would of been a deal breaker if I had know .
    I'm now more interested in aftermarket accessories like Winch Bars , Sliders , Drawers ect
    I get up the Vic Highcountry a lot , so I would like to fit some 17inch steel wheels but I want to stay with the std offset so I don't know if that's possible.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    I joined this forum not for the price others were paying , like I said above it's the change over price that matters , if buying without a trade in that would be different.
    I was looking to see if there were any mechanical / warranty issues , there doesn't seem to be many .
    Although I did that with the last 4WD but it wasn't until after I bought the bloody thing a couple of things showed up that would of been a deal breaker if I had know .
    I'm now more interested in aftermarket accessories like Winch Bars , Sliders , Drawers ect
    I get up the Vic Highcountry a lot , so I would like to fit some 17inch steel wheels but I want to stay with the std offset so I don't know if that's possible.

Yeah, likewise. I think most who jump on forums are keen enough to know how to haggle or know what fair value is. I'm on here for the mods and accessories too. From what I have found so far;

1. Two recovery points available. Either buy a Rhino Bar and get them with it, or get an ARB bar with OnTrack4x4 home-made recovery hooks added. There was another bloke in QLD - Buds - but he's no longer around.
    2. Neither TJM or ARB will recommend (read warrant) a bar with a winch fitted. Somewhere there is a sticker on this thing that states a max load over the front is 85Kg's. As that's the rough weight of these bars - perhaps less 10kg - and a winch is 30-odd Kg's extra, then that's stuffed it. Rhino bar is 55Kg and can take a synthetic rope winch and meet this limit, with lights.
    3. I am also looking at drawers. However the best set up for spare batteries appears to be in the well under the floor in the back, that holds the wheel brace/ repair kit. I want to ensure that I have made that decision (battery set up) before I put drawers in. Thinking of having one of the third row seats permanently down, then allowing the other one to be up.
    4. I'm looking at buying BFG Ko2 275/70R18 125R tyres on the standard rim. I have read that there is only one steel wheel maker that made 17" ones that fitted the front brakes, and they don't import the wheels anymore.

Anyway - I am pretty much on here to pick everyone else brain and get some suggestions. Would love for it to become far more active! But I guess facebook has almost taken over in that regard...

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rzets View Post
    I think all us newbies scour forums for a reference point on how much to pay for something we are not so experienced in.

I paid $86k drive-away in the ACT (1st time rego is a bit more expensive than other states) for my Ti-L, including tow bar, roof racks and the 5 year warranty. The car has to be delivered to the dealer ie. was not on the lot. It has to be a 2018 build.

Hope this helps others looking to buy to get a better deal.

Nick
    Mate that's around $4500 in extra's fitted, so that's a pretty good price IMHO. Considering the 'list' price for a Ti is $80K, then you've done well. You get it from South side or up on the North side?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't have my Ti for another 3 weeks , so I'm just researching at this stage , I did price a TJM Bar the other day
    They said their T17 Frontier Bar with a 9500LB Winch is under the Patrols axle weight limit and would have full warranty.

The jack space under the floor that would be a place for a battery but like you say you need to get it right , it wouldn't be easy to get to after drawers were fitted ,
    I will remove the third row of seats and maybe even the second row .
    FourBy Fitouts do some good setup in the rear of wagons , they are not far from me , I have already talked him on the phone , I will go see him when I get the Patrol .

Im not going to be in a hurry setting this thing up , like I have said fitting out a wagon is all new to me
    I'm used to just chucking stuff in the tray , I'm going to miss my undertray drawer , that had all my tools and recovery gear .
    The Patrol carrying capacity is a fair bit less than my Dmax , I will have to cull some stuff
    I will be interested in how you blokes go with your setups

Keep in touch regards Jacko

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it from the South Coast.

Picked it up last Saturday. My wife drove it for 2 days and declared it is now her car. She loves it.

Next step is to get the Tow Pro Elite transferred from the Colorado to the Patrol, hook the boat up and see if I need to make any changes to the suspension.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rzets For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked mine up last Friday. Goes in for the 1000km service this Friday Did a trip around the Brindabella's and Mt Selwyn - 5 on board and averaged 14.2 on the computer (only filled it once so far - when I picked it up, it was on the low-fuel-warning light!).

Bar, recovery points, compressor, snorkel, lights all booked in for next month.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

MB (13th June 2018)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast