Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gu recover points

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great reading all of your thoughts on this. It is important and as said recovery potentially can be dangerous

Hey Mudrunner, That old link you put on is a good one and very comprehensive. Like PEE BEE said we need to have a little think about situations when we get into them and what possible things will happen when we finally go about the recovery. Just like

painting its all about the preparation and the last thing is the paint. I've been in some pretty bogged down situations and remember the first time thinking it was all about the engine just working harder to pull me out. Now days its all about the digging first and jamming some traction under the wheels, clearing underneath before the last easy bit of the snatch strap.

Apart from that I was able to attach my 2 front recoveries the same left and right ..... chassis already had the holes and nuts in them enabling me to bolt new h/tensiles straight in without the worry of trying to slide new nuts in on those wire things.
    Winch has been fitted and tree protector as well as winch extension, damper etc so ready for it. We only are on flat ground but there are some bad patches of sand and all this is mainly to attack it feeling more secure in the knowledge if we get bogged it not the end.
    We will be going through with tyres let down to 15-20 psi and hopefully do the sand when it is cool so much easier and firmer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PhillipA For This Useful Post:

MB (24th May 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456