Thread: Hi Lift Jack Mounting options

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only thing I would hang off one of those ARB type jack holders would be shovel and a cable spool over the handle as I do when needed. Yes I also have come attached to my high lift jack, carried one for 30yrs as well. Rarely comes off though as I choose to avoid the need for it. Certainly do agree that modern 4x4 vehicles unless modified to suit high lift jack application are near to useless and is irrespective of what ground you are on.. Most bull bars today would not handle the lift. And take into consideration the shock travel to actually lift the wheel off the ground. Chain and hooks thru wheel rim come in handy. Had a SWB land cruiser in the 80's with steel bars front and back (HHD) and could handle what ever you threw at it. How quick it was to throw 4 chains under it as I once did after sliding off the track and came to rest off to the side. Was the only way to get out, no other vehicles. Lift logs too.

My high lift jack is stowed in behind the wheel carrier, adapted a Kaymar jack holder to the Millweld rear bar wheel carrier.

If you are confident to use a h/lift jack and safely put it on the top of a the roof if you have not got the solid mounting available else where.

Do not under sling it like the rear tow bar joke as you probably won't be able to get to it when you get stuck, and anyway you will be just digging-in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (5th May 2018)