Thread: zd30ddti fuel pump

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zd30ddti fuel pump

So, errr, my old man tried making his own biodiesel and running it in his car in his car.. Derp.

He's changed filter, flushed tank/lines etc. It idles beautifully, but has no power and blows grey smoke when you give it some. No smoke at idle. Engine light comes on after a while.

When revving it first time after starting it'll rev right through to 4500, but will only hold that for a second before coughing and spluttering back down. After than it's hard to get the revs up constantly, it just coughs and spurts. Same at either WOT or feathering.

It's a DEC 2003 GU Patrol wagon, zd30(we believe ddti). We believe fuel pump is gone.

Is the pump difficult to do for an at home guy? I've done the cv/swivel rebuilds and that, so am somewhat competent, but not sure if this is something we should bother tackling ourselves.

Any idea what we are looking at to get replaced somewhere for them to do full job/vs just a changeover pump?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez mate whole system might be clogged but should have caught worst of it in the filter , if you're lucky and he didn't use peroxide to distill the bio fuel it may just be a flush out job .
    I'd be getting the tank drained and flushed along with the whole system changing the filter/s and checking that the MAF sensor is clean then try it again .
    Toyed with the idea of bio fuel myself but the risks outweighed the rewards .