Thread: OH OH what have I done!! Rear 1/4 chop

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrhind View Post
    This was done 10 years ago.... could of been longer, can't remember the actual date! And it was necessary 2 do it at the time
    It's ALWAYS necessary!!! That's what I keep telling the missus every time I do something to Tank ... especially if it costs money!!!! LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Surely it's been done before!! LOL

No more lantana linework from the bush tracks! No more having to wash it ever! These are all good reasons .... surely!!! lmfao
    I would say someone must of, tempting isn't it! LOL
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK a bit of folding action! i put stick tape back on and drew myself a line where i want the fold to be. I cut the tabs as close to the line as my nervous hand would allow. I cut a wedge out 1 side of each tab to help with folding. I chose to use multi grips and little bends at a time. Small duck bill pliers or vice grips may do better. This part of the job may well be left to a panel dude but i rekon a slight hammer tapping and a scrape of bog will get the edge nice n straight again. Or it may get hidden by new barwork to, i'm not too concerned next job will be rust proof before placing the infills in, i cut them outa a old sign. So far the jobs cost 3 small angle grinder discs!
    Attached Images Attached Images

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    OK a bit of folding action! i put stick tape back on and drew myself a line where i want the fold to be. I cut the tabs as close to the line as my nervous hand would allow. I cut a wedge out 1 side of each tab to help with folding. I chose to use multi grips and little bends at a time. Small duck bill pliers or vice grips may do better. This part of the job may well be left to a panel dude but i rekon a slight hammer tapping and a scrape of bog will get the edge nice n straight again. Or it may get hidden by new barwork to, i'm not too concerned next job will be rust proof before placing the infills in, i cut them outa a old sign. So far the jobs cost 3 small angle grinder discs!
    STOP!!! you don't do that!!!

Nahhh ... just jokes! Like I have a clue!!! lmfao

It's getting there bloke, doing well!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456