Thread: Back in a GQ

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    I've got mine on the drivers side and find most the time it's me using them so all good. Definatly one of if the most handy little mods done 4 sure. Also another good little mod is to run some led strip under the bar which gets power when the winch isolator is on . . . May have stole that idea off Daz . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I still haven't done my set up outside, but I do like the idea of the led. I need to pinch this one. Thanks daz...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (25th September 2019), Reddave (2nd October 2019), Rossco (25th September 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Kings is taking over. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    That was bizarre!! So zooming in it was actually a pic of @MB s Trailer solenoid that he fitted the warn remote too. I have no idea how that imported to my quote. Strange. I have fixed it. Sorry Dave, nothing to see here mate.
    @AB mate those photos keep resetting back to the pics from MB?? very very strange. i have swapped them 4 times. I took a screen shot of the pic Code if your interested.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 25th September 2019 at 06:59 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Reddave (2nd October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So those are very old photos of my front setup. I still run the Marker light at that location and it works great. Back in the day though you couple not buy LED Strip lighting. You could simply glue strip lighting under the motor near the earth bolt facing down. Simple and easy. wire it to the winch isolator so it is always on when the winch has power.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

MB (25th September 2019), Reddave (2nd October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey, deepest apologies Dave mate!
    Was only one Russian video virus I do swear :-)
    Anyways, back to your truck good bloke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @AB mate there is something going on with that post above. I have swapped out those photos 7 or 8 times and they keep coming back. No idea what is going on there mate??? Can you have a look please mate.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    @AB mate there is something going on with that post above. I have swapped out those photos 7 or 8 times and they keep coming back. No idea what is going on there mate??? Can you have a look please mate.
    No worries, can show me the pics you want to link?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    No worries, can show me the pics you want to link?

From post 44 in my build thread

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @AB . BHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Bloody Hell! Mate Post 44 in my Build Thread and photos 5, 6 and 7 please. WTF is that! Got Nuff'n

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitted new lights over the long weekend, got rid of the cheap 4wd supacentre ones on the roof and bullbar and replaced them with lights from Stedi, 11.5” light under the top hoop of the bullbar and 32” on the roof. These lights are so much brighter (the one on the bullbar puts out as much light as the 30” I used to have on my roof)

On Sunday went to Mt Disappointment with my son in his 2.8 and a mate in his ZD30 GU, drove straight to the ladder and aired down.

Less than 5 minutes later I was hanging off the end of my winch rope lol, freespool is amazing and makes a solo winch on flat ground so easy. Then turned around to winch my son out, the GU wanted to use his winch so he came after us and winched out.

Then we drove up to the rocky rutted section, got out to have a look and make an assessment to the best way up.

We all got up to the top, I drove straight up, my son had to back up and give it a few goes and the GU straight up. But.....

Started hearing a really bad scrape out of the GU, nursed it to a camping area that ended up being packed so started the climb out over the ridge line. Boost had dropped away completely and EGTs were skyrocketing. So put a strap on and I towed it up to the main road where we had lunch waiting for a tow truck, 3 hours later the big GU was on a tow truck.

My son and I did a few more tracks and then headed home.

Went and had a look at the GU last night, pulled the intake off and the turbo cartridge is just about non existent, mates buying a new turbo and I’ll fit that up and then hit the tracks again!!
    Just another Blue over Silver GQ with another TD conversion

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reddave For This Useful Post:

Bidja (2nd October 2019), MB (2nd October 2019), MudRunnerTD (2nd October 2019), Rossco (2nd October 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking good mate. Those big holes look hideous. Nothing worse than sitting in that I reckon. Can almost see the $$$$ floating away!! Old mate in the GU is testament to that. 4 or 5 Alternators and 3 starter motors later and I am fully over that little activity. Lol not withstanding stripping the inside out to dry out. Lol.

Didnyoy find those pics in My thread mate. Tried hard to embed them here for you mate, sorry.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Bidja (2nd October 2019), MB (2nd October 2019), Reddave (2nd October 2019)

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast