Thread: GQ evaporator pipe needed

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ evaporator pipe needed

Gday, hoping someone can help me. I'm after the short alloy pipe from a '94 GQ air con evaporator. Can't seem to find one from wreckers or original. I'm at hervey bay and no one here can fab on up for me either. If any one can help out i can send pics of the pipe and all measures. It's the short one from the tx valve that goes through the firewall. Be great if i could get one made up. Someone out there must know - i can't be creating the wheel surely
    Thank you
    Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate . . As air con was a dealer fitted option there's all sorts of fittings out there as they're not standard Nissan stuff. Best bet is to find a place that does auto air conditioning and get one made up to fit. You'd think there would be somewhere up there hopefully ? . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gday mate.
    have you tryed Queensland patrols in rocky, i needed a heater hose fitting that screwed into the head couldn't get it anywhere then a mate recommended trying them.
    excellent service friendly id recommend them to anyone chasing spares. otherwise here are two of my patrol wreckers near me, 9/10 they have most things.
    ive got a 92/93 GQ sitting up the back as a parts car if you send pics ill see if mines got the same one.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.southside4x4wreckers.com.au
    http://www.southwest4wd.com.au

these guys have genuine parts at a descent price, and also have aftermarket parts with Jap bearings still
    https://patrolapart.com.au
    if its not on the web give them a ring the have a heap more in store stock fAST DELIVERY TOO.
    (e.g) Front Wheel Bearing Kit GQ & GU Japanese Bearings was $100 now $70
    Nissan Patrol GQ GU Genuine Front Wheel Bearing Kit was $188 now
    funny short story.
    i rang my Nissan dealer in town here about power steering pump kits they didn't have them in stock fair enough, his were around $70 for the main kit then theirs the retainer kit as well didn't bother to ask how much he wanted for that one scene they wernt in stock, so i said to old mate its all good ill just grab them online there a a bit cheaper then too. he said were am i getting them from. i said partolapart he snuffed well how much cheaper. i said well the main kit $51 and the retainer kit $20 you do the maths. then he started ranting on about how can you run a business on a $1 profit margin for parts just so you can under cut us. i thought to my self is this bloke for real and turned around and said yes of coarse can mate you know how. its called repeat customers those seal kits might only make $1 profit but the massive warehouse full of other parts and stock they have im pretty sure the make a bit more than $1 per sale.
    i said anyway mate any body could walk in and under cut you dickheads and still make profit. maybe if you stocked the parts for a common 4x4 that you'se made and and everyone uses still, lower your prices a lil bit witch you clearly can if they can. you might get ppl coming back through the doors. but not with that attitude. and you can defiantly not expect me back. i honestly would goto the next towns dealer ship then give these guys my money there the real thevies.
    Last edited by Dans GQ Wagon; 20th April 2018 at 03:23 PM.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday Rosco, Dan
    Sent an email to rocky patrols but not heard back from them as yet. Might give them a ring. Have got some pics on my phone so will pm you Dan and send to you. Not used this forum for a long time so don't know if pics can be sent
    Thanks again guys for your help. Got all new bits for the aircon and just trying to get this bloody pipe
    Thank you
    Tony

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Hey mate . . As air con was a dealer fitted option there's all sorts of fittings out there as they're not standard Nissan stuff. Best bet is to find a place that does auto air conditioning and get one made up to fit. You'd think there would be somewhere up there hopefully ? . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    100% agree, shortest path to success. I went this way after chasing thru Nissan without success for a tube fitting.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Patrol a part do aftermarket A/c hoses....

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im always keen to hear of other places if any one nos somewere cheap and still genuine im all ears cheeres