Thread: 2010 CRD Clutch pedal problem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation 2010 CRD Clutch pedal problem

Hi guys,
    been a long time since ive been on the forum which i guess could be looked at as a good thing! no problems for a while for the old girl!

I have however just recently noticed that whilst driving for a while (30mins+) the clutch pedal starts to get about an inch of freeplay at the top before it starts actually moving anything. the rest of the stroke i think feels a bit spongy, this spongy feeling could be in my head though.
    The freeplay seems to be related with time and speed (after 30mins on freeway) and less common on shorter drives. It will also still be there after shutting the car down for 10 minutes. The actual clutch engagement is the same, no slipping or shuddering or any other symptoms, just the pedal.

Any ideas?

Im lost about this and is starting to bug me.

cheers

Jarrah
    2010 CRD Wagon, ARB Sahara, duel batt, uhf, winch, 2inch lift, 2.75 Beaudesert, 33" Mickey T atz 4rib, spotties, drawers, roofrack, Autometer boost pyro + much more

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...7-CRD-ST-Wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    booster ? there is not much there .

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,262 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get the Patrol tested for any vacuum leaks. Have you still got the heat shield on the slave cylinder? These often fall off. The slave cylinder could be getting too hot as the exhaust is running right past this. A bigger exhaust will amplify the issue too. You can wrap the pipe up with some header wrap. I did this on mine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Get the Patrol tested for any vacuum leaks. Have you still got the heat shield on the slave cylinder? These often fall off. The slave cylinder could be getting too hot as the exhaust is running right past this. A bigger exhaust will amplify the issue too. You can wrap the pipe up with some header wrap. I did this on mine.
    ill have a look. ive just bled the whole clutch system as the fluid was quite old and didnt look very clean. thinking it might have been some water in there. will see how it goes next big drive.
    i do have an exhaust mod but ive had that since new and problem has only just started.
    cheers for the feedback, ill looking into the heat shield.
    2010 CRD Wagon, ARB Sahara, duel batt, uhf, winch, 2inch lift, 2.75 Beaudesert, 33" Mickey T atz 4rib, spotties, drawers, roofrack, Autometer boost pyro + much more

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...7-CRD-ST-Wagon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you go with your clutch Jarrah, curious to know if fluid change fixed the problem.