Thread: TB42E Raw fuel pouring out the exhaust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB42E Raw fuel pouring out the exhaust

Hello all,

I have a huge over fueling problem! I searched through this and many other forums and was unable to find anyone with the same issue!

GQ TI Auto, TB42E 1992.

I have a 130L tank and the beast used 130L in 3 days...(no leaks) I had a look and i have raw fuel (yes fuel, i tasted it...it's not water) coming out of the exhaust.

I have checked: Coolant temp sensor, MAF, injector pulse, crank angle sensor, fuel pressure regulator, fuel return line, spark plugs and leads, dizzy, all filters are new and it just randomly started happening.

BACKGROUND INFO:

I recently went off road on a nice easy sand track, drove back all fine until a couple of days later my car wouldn't shift out of 1st gear or rev over 3000RPM. I stopped, cycled ignition and it went away however the car just FELT different to drive, like the power didn't match the effort....like it was heavy.

I drove home and thought "ah ill look at it some other time". It never did the 1st gear sticky thing again but its just different to drive, then i noticed i used 130L of fuel in 2 days (probably 120km's of driving at the most).
    Now i have checked and can physically see raw fuel dumping out of the exhaust. It stinks, looks and tastes like fuel....its fuel.

IO have checked everything other than injectors being stuck wide open, i haven't pulled them out yet......the engine runs smooth as it did brand new, its hard to start when cold but no misfire, no one spark plug is wetter than the other, all are black (expected if its dumping fuel).

Has anyone else experienced this? I'll pull the injectors out if i have to but if I've missed something or someone has done this before, your help is greatly appreciated.

For information, my speedo drops out randomly, has done since i got it and before this issue happened.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first thing id be doing mate is getting someone to hook up a scan tool/ecu talk up to it and see if any of the sensors have a story to tell, other than that my next though would be check the vac hose from the back of the fuel reg for signs of fuel leaking through a failed reg
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc