Thread: How good is your awning?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2.4m long awning on the passenger side x 3m extension, side walls that clip on plus a clip on mosquito proof room - great bit of gear, have broken 6 extendable poles and 3 horizontal poles due to high wind events. Canvas or polyester something! is mould free and water tight over long periods in excess of 3 days wet weather. I also have a 1.2m wide awning on the rar of the GQ, extends 2m. Its got some sort of silver insulation on the underside - can't notice any reduction in heat. When they are both up, really needs the triangle piece to link them like a the fox wing style, but don't always have them up at the same time. they are sbay units and also have snapped and bent multiple poles on this one as well. the aluminium is simply too light for the wind at times. I am happy with the units and working on a fix to the poles right now as a commercial solution - stay tuned.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 24th March 2018 at 06:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At last years Bendigo Leisure show I saw A bundu Teck awning, It looked well made, But what I relay licked was the silver reflective coating on the under side of the awning, made a noticeable difference to the temperature under the awning.
    If I was going to by another awning I would look for one that has this reflective coating.
    2010 TB4.8, 5 speed auto TI Wagon, Beaudesert ceramic coated Extractors and 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 3inch lift, BP-51 shocks, Black hawk radius arms and drop boxes, Road Runner Offroad billet alloy draglink, Boss air bags, 295/70/17 KM3s, Redarc Gauges, GME XRS UHF, Autometre fuel gauge, Alpine head unit with offroad maps, Carbon winch, Opposite lock bull bar, Light Force Strikers, Safari Snorkel, Duel long range tanks, work in progress.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 516 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For daily use , I'd go see a marine trimmer , get it made using sunbrella or similar , lasts for years and truly waterproof , and they could design it from scratch .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    If ya not using it buy a prius .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12