Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $275 for that, tell him he is dreaming.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by TPC; 23rd March 2018 at 07:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Rossco (24th March 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the fees are outrageous though in my experience sold some 2nd hand alloys Ebay automatically marked the price down well under what I wanted for them and they sold, you beauty I thought.

It took 20 odd days for paypal to transfer the funds to my paypal and then I lost 2.50 in paypal fees and then a month later ebay wanted $10. I'd love to know how you are marking them cash on pickup on your listings.

After all that it put me off selling on eBay.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    $275 for that, tell him he is dreaming.

^^^ My first stalker

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    the fees are outrageous though in my experience sold some 2nd hand alloys Ebay automatically marked the price down well under what I wanted for them and they sold, you beauty I thought.

It took 20 odd days for paypal to transfer the funds to my paypal and then I lost 2.50 in paypal fees and then a month later ebay wanted $10. I'd love to know how you are marking them cash on pickup on your listings.

I guess it depends on the item you're selling, I said pick up only so would be expecting cash on pick up.

If anyone uses Paypal for this transaction they have a long wait until they can physically take the item off of me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,749 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    6’ vertical auger is only good for 5’11” fleabay scammers :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chop em in half and dig 2 holes. . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 7,943 Times in 3,161 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    ^^^ My first stalker
    I was going to ask a bunch of stupid questions on ebay but thought I better not risk more bids.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

AB (24th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payment options in Ebay

Payment options

PayPal

Your PayPal account email address (to receive payments):
    Require immediate payment with Buy It Now

Use this option if you want the buyer to pay immediately with PayPal. Your item stays available for purchase until payment is complete. You need to specify a postage cost to require immediate payment. Learn more

Money order / Bank cheque

Personal cheque

Visa/MasterCard

American Express

Bank deposit

Show buyers your bank account number in checkout
    Add your bank account data
    - opens in a new window or tab

COD

Pay on pickup

Other (add instructions)

Escrow

Additional checkout instructions (shows in your listing)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 6,418 Posts
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You just need to say in a non descriptive way thats its cash only on pickup. As eBay dont allow cash transactions you just dont put on their, cash on pickup, as ususally this gets picked up and they will end your listing. I put all pickups are to be paid with Mr. C.ash, or similar. The fees charged are relative to the value of the item, some see it excessive, the more you sell the less the fee's get, but its a business, you are entering an agreement when you use their site to sell your goods. But eBay is managed by numpties to know sweet fa.
    It does amuse me when people list an item and say that if you pay via paypal you have to pay their paypal fee's. Big no no. Same as eBay, your using their service to benefit you, it aint gonna be for free is it.
    So when selling, like I said earlier, you need to make sure all your bases are covered. Never assume the buyer knows something that you may have neglect to leave off the listing, even a tiny scratch of something. Anything! Because if you get the right, ahem, wrong seller, they can make things very difficult very quickly for you and turn things to their favour very easily, even when they are doing the wrong thing. eBay are notorious for siding with the buyer. Its happened to me on the few occassions when I first started, I learned from this, and now when people try to pull one over me, I know how to react the right way to get eBay to side with me. I getting out of it totally now and have gone back to full time work, mainly due to the explosion of the uneducated buyers filtering through that just have really no clue, on anything. Some of the question I get, I really cannot comprehend how they even remember to breathe. Plus online shopping has slowed quite a lot over the last two years, I think people hare turning back to the old fashioned bricks and motar shopping more these days.

Anyhow, thats my take on eBay, I did it full time for 4 years. It has its good parts and bad parts. If you dont want fee's, and are willing to wait longer to sell things, there are free sites around.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,997 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold a car bar on eBay. Guy picked it up tonight and we got chatting about cars, just before he leaves he points to the Patrol and says "if you need 4wd stuff let me know, my brother in law runs (I didn't get the first bit) offroad in Dandelong, you're got my number call me."

Sometimes it's the contacts you make.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

mudski (25th March 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12