Thread: No power at all

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you get on? I have today swapped out my alternator and smoke tested to destruction an earth lead - still looking for root cause, however truck started first time, then nothing the next. I traced it to the motor glow plug fues that is in a bank of 5 units to the rear of the start battery - its the brown unit on the 'inner end' of the fuse cluster, rated at 7.5amps. Had a few spares as I am prone to doing stupid shit so all good, running well. Hope this helps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sorted it all out. the wire I'm holding in the picture is indeed a fusible link and was the problem, also the new alternator has a little black insulator on B+ post and when removing from box it come off, so I had basically wired a short circuit , hence why the usable link packed it in, so after finding that and fixing the problem there I sorted out the fuible link by rewiring some 4b&s I had laying around , my problem with alternator however wasn't indeed a stuffed alternator, my car is a converted td42 from tb42e and the signal and warning wires that plug into the back of alternator were around the wrong way.. so alternator couldn't send current to battery , lucky its sorted because I was starting to go bonkers lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrodieTiGQ For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (26th March 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12