Thread: Wanted Cylinder Head GQ 95 wagon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted Cylinder Head GQ 95 wagon

Wanted, 4.2 non turbo complete cylinder head in good nick, or any advice on where to purchase new one would be great.
    Cheers
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 16th March 2018 at 08:04 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@AB did you end u0 selling that one off your other motor mate?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G'day mate,
    No the head was in the back of the wagon along with the othe bits and pieces rocker cover Etc Etc
    The vehicle was outside my factory unit, but prior to it being picked up and taken for repair, some bugger broke in and knocked off the cylinder head.
    I found out when the mechanic called and asked me where's the head? It's not in the back with the other parts.
    So now I'm looking for a replacement which might need to be checked out, or purchasing a new one.
    Cheers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RTB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RTB View Post
    G'day mate,
    No the head was in the back of the wagon along with the othe bits and pieces rocker cover Etc Etc
    The vehicle was outside my factory unit, but prior to it being picked up and taken for repair, some bugger broke in and knocked off the cylinder head.
    I found out when the mechanic called and asked me where's the head? It's not in the back with the other parts.
    So now I'm looking for a replacement which might need to be checked out, or purchasing a new one.
    Cheers
    That sux. I edited your thread name so it made sense mate.

@AB I tagged the admin AB because he recently pur a new motor in his GQ and salvaged the head off his other motor. Not sure what he did with it mate. He might still have it or keeping it as a spare. It would need to be decked before use but would be fine otherwise.

He will chime in when he comes online in sure.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,707 Times in 8,557 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey mate, I'm keeping that head unfortunately but you should be able to find one easy, check out Patrolapart and see what they have, failing that, check Ebay, facebook groups, GumTree, etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th March 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey mate ive got a spare head off my efi 4.2 in very good condition its be into the engine shop the shaved the face pressure and hardness test and it came back excellent, i would hang on to it but the one on my new gq is only 30,000 km old so i wont need it anytime soon. the valve stem seals and seats i dont think were replaced because they were perfectly fine i was told. and were heading on a trip to N.T. in a month and the extra spending money wouldn't go astray.
    also im on the hunt for a front brake caliper (pad retainer) clip if you have a old spare lying around in a old caliper. i can only get my hands on shim kits witch are genuine and are @$200 from nissian or $170 + postage from patrol apart, its the only reason i cant put me caliper and tyre back on and go have fun tomorrow.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and also petrol or diesel mines petrol