OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I missing here? EGT problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is extremely unlikely your problem is false EGT indication etc, it is simply (as posted by others) that the boost is too low.

Fix that issue first... esp before you play with anything on the VNT.
    Adjusting VNT is what I did but for a very good reason.
    I did not bother with Dawes etc on my CRD just blocked the EGR and adjusted the Turbo.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a look at this link (READ).

http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/Manua...Controller.htm

BTW first boost control method diagram of the link doc should sort your lose hose issue out. Close attention to which side of the Dawes (vac or boost) for hose placement. Reckon this will be majority of your problem. Then look at fitting needle or not.

As evil twin said fix boost first (leave rest alone for the moment)..
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Have a look at this link (READ).

http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/Manua...Controller.htm

BTW first boost control method diagram of the link doc should sort your lose hose issue out. Close attention to which side of the Dawes (vac or boost) for hose placement. Reckon this will be majority of your problem. Then look at fitting needle or not.

As evil twin said fix boost first (leave rest alone for the moment)..
    Thanks for that. I literally had this open was about to ask where the hell the vacuum pump is? It seems this loose hose is to go to the vacuum pump.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should not be any vacuum hoses "left over" when installing a dawes valve. Who did the instal? Have they done them before? As stated above - your boost on cruise is far too low. Low revs with low boost result in more pedal for more power which means higher fuel to air ratio which means LOTS of HEAT.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    There should not be any vacuum hoses "left over" when installing a dawes valve. Who did the instal? Have they done them before? As stated above - your boost on cruise is far too low. Low revs with low boost result in more pedal for more power which means higher fuel to air ratio which means LOTS of HEAT.
    I am guessing the guys who did the install (which included installation of the DP Chip, EGR blank and catch can) have done them before. They "set it up" (at least the invoice shows this). I won't name the company but they are eastern suburbs in Vic.

The left over vacuum hose apparently is suppose to go to the Vacuum pump; Its on the otherside of the motor and unsure how such a short hose can make it that far.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blkrig View Post
    Thanks for that. I literally had this open was about to ask where the hell the vacuum pump is? It seems this loose hose is to go to the vacuum pump.
    Vac Pump port - Have a look down on the RHS (passenger side) of engine up near the front (low down), should see a pipe and push it on there. It is vacuum so it should stay put.

Get confirmation on vac take off on DI mine is CRD
    Last edited by Bidja; 13th March 2018 at 08:27 PM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the Vac Pump but can't find any damn material or information on what goes where.

Theres two barbs on the vac port which already have hose coming off them. The hose goes to what looks like a more solid-metal line. Both these lines are side by side and go up to under the Intercooler.

Can someone show me/link me to where this hose goes to on the vac pump?

I've been searching high and low and can't find a thing.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blkrig View Post
    Found the Vac Pump but can't find any damn material or information on what goes where.

Theres two barbs on the vac port which already have hose coming off them. The hose goes to what looks like a more solid-metal line. Both these lines are side by side and go up to under the Intercooler.

Can someone show me/link me to where this hose goes to on the vac pump?

I've been searching high and low and can't find a thing.
    Go back one step. Which side of the Dawes is this loose hose connected securely to at the moment (vacuum or boost)?

Dawes lock nut adjustment side is Vacuum and other end is Boost.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Go back one step. Which side of the Dawes is this loose hose connected securely to at the moment (vacuum or boost)?

Dawes lock nut adjustment side is Vacuum and other end is Boost.
    Just fixed the hose. It was a loose hose suppose to go to the Vac Pump Port which is on the front side of the Intercooler, Underneath the Intercooler shroud.

Just that one hose connected properly has given me more pick up from the turbo than I had since buying the car, and is on boost when driving around (whereas before it wasnt). Yet to try at 100kmh though, Thats tomorrows task between jobs. So thats a big tick. I just had to re read what you said Bidja but I got there ha ha Thank you.

Dawes valve is correctly installed as per the link you posted too Bidja. Now to move onto the Needle valve.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pleased it sorted for you.

Give it a run for a couple of weeks and see how she performs with Dawes and VNT solenoid set up. Some around are getting good results with Dawes only, even with EGR blocked..Take a note of egts, spool and boost control (write a few points down).

I run full manual boost control on 08 CRD (single Dawes and Needle) and happy. I also now have ecu remapped (max B 22psi/AFR spec 22:1) gives very good run. One thing at a time - get info along the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12