Thread: EDS Engine Data Scan

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    For those running the EDS gauge on a CRD, what does your ect normally sit at? Mine is normally around 88-93 around town in the warmer weather, which I think is a bit hot. Then towing the camper trailer up the massive hill on Melba Hwy approaching toolangi it hit 100 on the crest of the hill, before cooling back down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It only reads using factory sensors. When I had similar issues I dumped the trans fluid and placed with new one.
    This made a huge difference.

Also in the end I also installed an external Oil Trans Cooler. Dropped another 10 degrees .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Exactly what my Temps were (Scangauge not EDS but should be the same display data anyway).

88 When riding the thermostat just open.
    88 to low 90's around town or cruising
    Anywhere in the 90's to mid 100 (104 to 106) when towing in outback WA in 40 plus heat
    Did on rare occasion hit 108/9
    my temps are similar since i flushed the coolant and had the radiator removed and cleaned internally and externally. They also cleaned my air con condenser.
    I measure my with a ultragauge

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EFIwindsor View Post
    my temps are similar since i flushed the coolant and had the radiator removed and cleaned internally and externally. They also cleaned my air con condenser.
    I measure my with a ultragauge
    UltraGauge EM Plus have one and very good, especially for displaying kW and N-m reference readings(08 GU CRD_3.1t). ECT 90-95 nom cruising various terrain and light tow 900kg. Not enough 40+ ambient temps to comment.

Have an EDS gauge if some one wants it. PM me with an offer.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did a few hundred k's towing a small Jayco. My ECT was pretty much the same 99-93.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did recently learn from the guy at the 4wd shop that the EDS calculates the fuel economy from the data that the user inputs each time they refuel. It does not measure the amount of fuel flowing out of the tank or entering the cylinders. Therefore it will always only be an estimate.

When I (intentionally) entered the wrong tank size and got a fuel economy of 8 LHK it was great pretending I was getting such awesome economy from my 3.0l deisel. But in the back of mind I knew it was just a dream.... the reality is about 16 LHK, 19.5 if towing the Jayco.....

Can anyone reccomend a good mod chip for towing economy?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uuuummm I call bollocks on the shop guy.

The logger (EDS, Scangauge etc) all calculate the fuel useage from the amount of fuel entering the cylinders.
    They do this by using data from the ECU on the injector open timings which is why they are so accurate and is also why they do not need any tank flow sensors etc.
    They use the given engine size to 'ball park' the numbers initially and rely on the first couple of refuels to fine tune for each individual engine/pump/injector pressure or if you have a chip.
    That is why you have to enter the amount of fuel you used for the first couple of refuels and then never have to touch them again unless you swap vehicles (I used mine in 3 different family vehicles, a patrol a Mitsi and a Suzi.

I never bothered with tank capacity, distance to go etc and as long as the fuel added and speed error parameters are set correctly the loggers will be damn near spot on.
    If you do that for each vehicle and note the skew for each vehicle you can swap them around to your hearts content.
    Well, at least mine certainly was never more than 1 to 2% out every time I fueled up over the couple of hundred thousand K's I had my CRD.

I ran a DP chip[ 'cause that is what was on mine when I got it and it was great.
    If I had the cabbage i would do an ECU remap tho.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilo99 View Post
    Can anyone reccomend a good mod chip for towing economy?
    x2 for ECU remap. Same model as yours (mine manual), with ECU Remap, other eng mods and on the way for turbo (upgrade) and improved flow ducting.

As a starting point:

What mods to your eng now?

Depends what you really want, how many $$$ (cabbages) you wish to hand over and also consider how long you will keep the vehicle.

When you start mods on your motor it is more than just putting bits on you need to monitor what is going on.
    There are certainly gains to be made with engine mods. You do not need to do every thing to get an improvement.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Over a couple of hundred thousand K's I found that, once calibrated, the Scangauge to be spot on with the only exception being extended 4WD on surfaces with poor traction namely soft beach or a day playing in mud.
    Obviously no non-GPS instrument will work accurately in that case as the distance sensing is inaccurate IE speedo, odo, etc will all be out due to wheel slip.
    When touring I found that if the Scangauge said I had used, say, 140 litres then that is what it would take to fill the tanks +/- 2 or 3 litres.
    Speed was within +/- 1 KPH of GPS
    Boost seemed pretty good also, certainly close enough not to warrant a separate Boost gauge

Can't speak for the EDS as I have no experience with that device.
    What MAP readings were you getting?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What MAP readings were you getting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12