Thread: GU TD42 Y61 Clutch Problems

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU TD42 Y61 Clutch Problems

My vehicle is a 2006/7 GU Nissan Patrol Y61 TD42 (Ti) 4169cc VIN: JN1TCSY61A0365784
    I believe i need a Clutch Booster and possible Clutch Master Cylinder as well, the clutch is making sqeak and clunking sounds like the master cylinder rubber is grabbing when the pedal is released and then there is delay in the clutch releasing and sometimes clutch slip, i thought it was the master cylinder but listening closer to it it is the Booster that is making the noise. does anyone know who what have the right parts, there are hundreds on ebay but they are the wrong parts when you check, nissan will be expensive and super cheap dont list the booster as a part.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one for the td42ti .

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clutch-M...EAAOSw9p9aX0nN

You definite its the clutch master cylinder? Could be clutch just on its way out and the thrust bearing is rattling when pedal is not pressed

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Here is one for the td42ti .

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clutch-M...EAAOSw9p9aX0nN

You definite its the clutch master cylinder? Could be clutch just on its way out and the thrust bearing is rattling when pedal is not pressed
    Nah its definitely the diaphragm in the booster grabbing as the pedal is released. The clutch slip the mechanic says could be the clutch not being released fully as the booster is sticking 1/2 way and down the chain through the master and slave.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi29 View Post
    Nah its definitely the diaphragm in the booster grabbing as the pedal is released. The clutch slip the mechanic says could be the clutch not being released fully as the booster is sticking 1/2 way and down the chain through the master and slave.
    Ah okay. Makes sense. Either way. All the best Hopefully you fix it soon so you can go back to enjoying driving the car