Thread: GQ door trim removal

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ door trim removal

So I need to repair the lock on the passenger door and need help with getting the trim off. My GQ 42 has electric windows and I can't seem to find any way to remove the armrests and the manual isn't helpful either.
    Pete

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove the screw from inside the door handle, will be hidden under a plastic lug, just pull it out with a small screw driver then pretty sure pull it back towards the back of car. Should just lift out then if I remember correctly.

going by memory there is another 2, possible 3 screws under that, removed them then run a electrical screw driver around your door card 2 pop the clips out.

Hope that helps, I'm only going of memory

20180220_162142.jpg
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    once you remove the screw above you push the top of it forward or backwards and it slots out then lift or pop off then you will be looking inside the armrest and have the other connections. The rest is simply.

The card is held on with a series of pop or push fittings and you need to leaver them out. you really need to be right next to them when you try and pop them out of they rip out of the card and wreck it. I have cheap plastic trim removal tools that make light work of it.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. All was revealed
    Pete