Thread: 4.2tdi servicing

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.2tdi servicing

Gday all.
    Have been searching flat out to find the correct info on this but so many different options I thought I’d just ask the questions.
    I just picked up my 06 4.2tdi wagon last week and will be giving it a service pretty soon. I just want to make sure everything I’m doing is correct.
    Filters - using ryco filters I can get it in a kit (rsk32), it’s about $80 with trade discount. Filter numbers are as follows;
    Oil z503 x 2
    Fuel z332
    Air a1412
    Oil capacity 10.5 liters
    Make and grade of oil, this is were I am getting a bit unstuck.
    I like using Castrol as it’s easy to get and I get trade discount as Supercheap.
    Iv been running Castrol GTX Diesel in my zd-di and haven’t had any issues. Am I able to use this in the 4.2?
    Otherwise there is Castrol rx diesel (15w40), or Castrol rx super (15w40), what’s the difference between the two?
    I also have the option of running CAT deo 15w40 as this is what I use at work for the generators.
    Anything else I am missing with the service or anything else to keep an eye on or check out?
    Car has about 218000 on it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 4.2 tdi wagon
    TJM BullBar and bar work, Light bar & spotlights, Airtech snorkel, tradie rack, blocked egr, 2inch lift on 33s and a 3 inch exhaust to go with it all.
    Plenty more to come!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement