Thread: Throttle pedal free play when using cruise control

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    So would i be correct in assuming its the same for aircon? Depending on how high aircon idle is set. When aircon kicks in its pushing on the throttle cable too hence a bit more freeplay. The higher rhe aircon idle the more freeplay?
    Never Noticed. Makes sense though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance can you test for me? Please 😁

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure. Car is in the panel beaters at the moment was due back yesterday. Will check it out when I get it back unless someone already has.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. All good. Checked today with two other patrols at the dyno place. Exactly what it should do.
    Panel beaters? Hope all is ok?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. All good. Checked today with two other patrols at the dyno place. Exactly what it should do.
    Panel beaters? Hope all is ok?
    no worries,

Yeah the wife had a run in with a subaru last year. small scratch on the ARB Bullbar and $12k damage to a $13k Subaru. We had to pay the excess so figured we'd get the bullbar painted. They have now had it for 10 days............ We have hire vehicle cover with our insurance so wife is driving a Kluger until it returns.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey mate. Exactly the same on my 2006 4.2 .
    When cruise engaged the vacuum diaphragm under bonnet pulls the lever on the pump and in turn pulls the pedal cable making the pedal seem "Loose".
    It is more or less the same with AC idle as it works on the same principle.

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro
    2005 TD42TI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (20th February 2018)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So would i be correct in assuming its the same for aircon? Depending on how high aircon idle is set. When aircon kicks in its pushing on the throttle cable too hence a bit more freeplay. The higher rhe aircon idle the more freeplay?
    Nah the air con is controlled via vacuum solenoid found mounted on the firewall and it has two vac hoses running to it. One hose is vac supply and the other goes to the top of the injector pump, and when activated it creates vacuum to the pump, which some how makes elephants turn purple and fly really fast. Lol
    Sorry I got no idea how it actually works on the injector pump. I just know its vacuum controlled.
    Last edited by mudski; 20th February 2018 at 09:24 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Sorry I got no idea how it actually works on the injector pump. I just know its vacuum controlled.
    As I've been tinkering with my AC last few days ive learnt all about it lol.

So the AC vacuum controlled diaphram sucks in, pulling a line. This very same line is connected to the same arm as the accelerator arm... Thus increasing the revs.
    SAme goes for the cruise.
    2005 TD42TI

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    As I've been tinkering with my AC last few days ive learnt all about it lol.

So the AC vacuum controlled diaphram sucks in, pulling a line. This very same line is connected to the same arm as the accelerator arm... Thus increasing the revs.
    SAme goes for the cruise.
    I dont think it pulls a line as such. Its something in that diaphragm that is connect inside the pump to control the revs for this part.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I dont think it pulls a line as such. Its something in that diaphragm that is connect inside the pump to control the revs for this part.
    Yeah sorry youre right. I've mixed it up with the cruise cable, as that works like I explained it.
    2005 TD42TI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12