Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Patrol 2001 GUIII 3L

Hi Guys,

I am looking at buying a Nissan Patrol 2001 MY02 GUiii 3L turbo diesel. I have read the threads regarding the grenade issues. It seems they affect 2000-2003 models, mostly the GUii.

Has anyone had a 2001 Guiii and can comment?

It has done 270,000kms so I was also worried about next major service and what would be involved.

It has had a 2" Old Emu lift, come with bull bar, tow bar and snorkel.

Appreciate any help, I did try look for older threads but nothing this specific. Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be corrected on this but I thought the gu3 started in mid 2002 not 2001.
    NADS system can offer some piece of mind.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very hard question. Yes the main offender seems to be the GUII, but the later models do it as well including the GUIV, which I have. NADS will help and good maintanance will also help, BUT they can still grenade no matter how much care you take. If this one has done 270,000 km it's probably not gonna go, but anything is possible. I went into mine with, and still have the mindset that if it goes I'll get a new motor. After all $10,000 ish is better than a trade to a new care which will not have all the bells and whistles I want. mine has NADS and 250,000 km so far with no issues other than batteries and alternator.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.