User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help - My GU is a slug

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will keep my eye out for you. I am based in Halls Head.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mc4by For This Useful Post:

silatman (13th February 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked out the MAF this morning and found it to be just placed in and not bolted in, looks like the top hole has been striped so i will need to tap it out to 6mm and bolt it in properly. I am not taking chances and will take the intake pipe off to ensure I dont get any pieces of plastic through the engine so it will have to wait until Saturday
    I'm going to change the gearbox fluid to full syn at the same time and hope it makes a difference to the way it changes and runs.

The MAF did vary on the multimeter though and seems to be throwing correct voltage from what I've researched, it idles at 2.1v (EGR mod done) and revs to just over 3v at 3000rpm (can't remember exactly now)

I did find and play with the needle valve today too which probably isn't a good idea since I'm having dramas anyway, but I can't help but fiddle with stuff I really shouldn't. It seems to have a big flat spot around 3000rpm now but I'm not sure if I caused it this morning with the needle valve or whether it has been there all along - I really am my own worse enemy........
    I will change the fuel filter and put the needle valve back to where it was, get the MAF bolted up correctly, do the gearbox service then see what happens from there

Cheers for the help guys.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unplug the chip and then re assess I think.
    As for the needle valve. We know your boost level is good, wind the needle valve right in while the engine is at idle, the arm on the turbo actuator should go up. Then slowly open the needle valve, until the arm drops maybe 5-10mm, 'ish, then go for a drive. If the boost rises real slow upon acceleration, the needle valve is open too much. You want the boost to rise quick and hit the max boost and stop. If it bounces a little past then settles. That fine. Alos at 100kph you would want around 12psi whilst cruising along the flat. if its lower and you want to raise this level, close off the needle valve a little. Vice versa if you want to lower it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12