Hi guys, I’ve recently brought a 2000 TD42 GU with just under 260thou under the belt. All in all she seems really tidy but didn’t come with any recent service history. It’s engine bay and underbelly is in showroom condition and I must admit that seduced me into asuming it had been looked after and maintained better than I do now. Mostly because when I went to check the air filter the other day I found half of the last sandy track she’d been down... with way to much sand on the wrong side of the filter and can only imagine how much of it had been sucked through the turbo. Anyway that’s all cleaned up now and there doesn’t at this stage seem to be anything wrong.
I brought this from a dealer with “service history” and a fresh service from the shop, but it wasn’t until I got her home that when I was going through the books I found they stop at 55000.
I guess my question is what things start to go and need attention at around the life mine is at now and into the near future.
I’m about to drop the oil and change the filters even though they were just done “apparently” just to get any sand that may have blown through. And to organise a compression test also.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers 🍻