Thread: Trip enquiry Coffs hinterland

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trip enquiry Coffs hinterland

Hey every one, am planning a trip to Dorrigo camping at Platypus Flat during Qld July school holidays, we want to visit Timmsvale as I started school there and my dad worked at the sawmill there many years ago,is it possible to drive from Timmsvale thru to Billy's Crk or Clouds Crk? We will b travelling in our Patrol,Thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrysnissian View Post
    Hey every one, am planning a trip to Dorrigo camping at Platypus Flat during Qld July school holidays, we want to visit Timmsvale as I started school there and my dad worked at the sawmill there many years ago,is it possible to drive from Timmsvale thru to Billy's Crk or Clouds Crk? We will b travelling in our Patrol,Thanks so much
    Been a while since I was up that way but you should be able to get to Platypus Flat from Timmsvale via Ulong & Cascade. Take the Eastern Dorrigo Way west out of Ulong. Turn onto Lower Bobo Rd, then onto Morora Rd after crossing Bobo River. Near Cascade turn north onto Moses Rock Rd. Turn west onto Cedar Rd & follow that to Platypus Flat Rd. Should be around 30 km from Ulong to Platypus Flat.

Don`t think there are any short cuts from Platypus Flat to Billys or Cloud Creek. Only road I know of comes out at the Tyringham- Dorrigo Rd.

Are you aware that you need to book a campsite at Platypus Flat? - http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...lat-campground

PM your email address if you want & I can send you some Google Earth track files.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate