Hi guys

After getting charged $1800 by a mechanic to replace my radiator and hoses, I'm set on doing as much as I can myself. I just have some questions that I need some help with please

1) Radiator expansion tank

The one that came with the patrol looked like this:
burnedexpansion_tank.pngpaddynewexpansiontank.png

I've replaced it with a new one that I order from patrol apart and topped up with coolant (I don't have an 'as installed photo):
paddynewexpansiontank.png

Question is - is the clear tube meant to be connected to nothing? I assume it's so that air can get in to allow coolant to flow in and out.

2) Windscreen washers

Mine don't work. I had the aforementioned mechanic look at them and he reckons the motors are gone. There is voltage coming in though.

I'm going to buy this
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wiper-Wa...sAAOSwPK1ZVMR~
I presume it's easy enough to install? If the lines are blocked, with the blow the motors if I try and use them?

3) See photo below. There are holes in it, I don't know what it's called, but it seem to be an air intake of some description.
20180121_162259.jpg
I taped up the lower bit with the silver heat resistant tape (it probably ins't airtight, but an improvement, but the top black bit I can't do anything about. Can someone please explain to me what these component are, and if I can easily replace them myself. Since that big hose runs into the air filter, I suppose I should get a new air filter too. Any recommendations? The manual says there are two types, one which must be cleaned occasionally and one which must be replaced occasionally.

Thanks,
Paddy