OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to buy a Patrol - questions, questions, questions!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012 model is fine, and no real difference to a 2009 model as far as I know. The only difference would be when they introduced the factory difflock.

Not sure if I would want to pay top dollar for a vehicle from the Pilbara .... it may have had a fairly hard life. I also wouldn't want a hole in the roof, but you may think it is perfect to wire up lights.

If it checks out OK, and is cheap enough, then it may be alright, but there are heaps around to choose from - especially in Melbourne.
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive another one to see if you think the steering feels the same - it may be just a period of adjustment.....

I have been driving Patrols for 20 years and love the way a Patrol steers ( and I also own a BMW ). I think they are one of the most predictable steerers out there in terms of driving feedback, and feel more comfortable punting it around corners on the dirt than some of the previous sedans I have owned.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happygu For This Useful Post:

Big Gags (24th January 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks happygu - it did apparently have some sort of lift kit fitted and the guy thinks it's a 2" lift but is not sure of the details. I think I will definitely take your advice and apply a bit of patience and check a few more out before committing.

I did see that this one had a switch for the diff locks - is it just for the rear diff lock or for all of them?? Which of the diffs can you lock (transfer case?, rear?, front?)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gags View Post
    Thanks happygu - it did apparently have some sort of lift kit fitted and the guy thinks it's a 2" lift but is not sure of the details. I think I will definitely take your advice and apply a bit of patience and check a few more out before committing.

I did see that this one had a switch for the diff locks - is it just for the rear diff lock or for all of them?? Which of the diffs can you lock (transfer case?, rear?, front?)
    Rear only on later models ( and some really early GU Ti's ) ... my 2011 model doesn't have one

Transfer Case is fixed 50/50 in a GU

Front is open - unless aftermarket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12