Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfa Brayne View Post
    Thanks Manuel,
    I'm very interested in this because I have a GQ and a Nissan Cabstar with the BD30 engine. I've looked at the two many times and wondered "what if ?"
    It would be great to throw a GQ drivetrain under the Cabstar = Cabover dual cab 6x seat 4x4 with a 2.4mx1.8m tip tray. From what I can see the "bell housing" (Clouch) of both vehicles mates up to the same gearbox, except the GQ has a transfer case where the Cabstar has an overdrive.
    Cabstar has a better ratio gearbox which would work way better with the 4.1 diffs of the GQ instead of it's original 5.8 final drive.
    Teriffic power and economy form the BD30 - 10L/100km and torque like a bulldozer. Direct injection full cast iron pushrod motor = reliable as sunrise.
    Also have a BD30 Cabstar dualcab. Looked at 4wd conversion, should be easy with live axle leaf suspension all round. Main issue is finding easily swapable axles that have the required load rating to keep the cabstar GVM. So far the only options seem to be strengthening or custom housing for patrol units or shortening canter units

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345