Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Two different worlds...
    "Learners" isn't vocational IE all you need is a Police Check, Medical and Driving Instructor Licence issued by DoT.
    "4WD" comes under ASQA IE you need to be a Trainer/Assessor working for/own an RTO, submit to annual audits and hold the Scope for each and every bit of training you deliver.

The latter costs, like 100 times as much, has 100 times as much paperwork and is 100 times harder to get.
    OMG what a lot of mucking around I had no idea ET , best not do that one then .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    OMG what a lot of mucking around I had no idea ET , best not do that one then .
    ROFL... yeah, that is why I did all my Trainer stuff thru the Guvment, cost me nothing, only downside is I can only train guvment dudes.

#1 Son is a Trainer/Assessor/Safety dude. He did his 4WD, Dangerous Goods, Load Restraint and Heavy Vehicle Recovery stuff thru the RTO he works for, cost the RTO heaps and can also mean huge potential liabilities which is why they charge astonishing dollars to students/companies for courses.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (15th January 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I certainly hope not. lol

There's a lot of good people with a lot of good rigs, on here.

I could take out a loan and keep my ute, or sell it, move on and be debt free in my new venture.

Given the fact I'm 59 this year, I'm no spring chicken and want to be debt free when I retire. lol.
    It could be the best decision you've ever made, but just make sure it's not a "life crisis" decision based on age. At 59 you still have a lot of life yet, probably enough to clear any debts before retirement, unless your planning retirement for 60. I'm 63, debt free, and now retired after being retrenched, and I had the same thoughts about 10 years ago. I wish you good luck and success with what ever your do.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bazzaboy For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (16th January 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend who has a manual vehicle as a driving instructor with the biggest franchise group in Brisvagas and is really struggling as most kids these days only want an auto licence. Make sense I suppose as in the future with electric and computer cars, who will need a manual licence.
    At the end of the day, all you have is yourself and all you need is your friends (and in our case our Patrol)
    2006 GUI1 4.2TDi Coil Cab "almost" standard

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard52 View Post
    I have a friend who has a manual vehicle as a driving instructor with the biggest franchise group in Brisvagas and is really struggling as most kids these days only want an auto licence. Make sense I suppose as in the future with electric and computer cars, who will need a manual licence.
    That's one of my challenges, manual or auto. I live in the middle of no where, well actually, half way between Perth and Kalgoorlie. Gotta have dual pedals, too.

Another challenge is that to do their test, the learners have to have a 'pull up' handbrake, not a push button one.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's one of my challenges, manual or auto. I live in the middle of no where, well actually, half way between Perth and Kalgoorlie. Gotta have dual pedals, too.

Another challenge is that to do their test, the learners have to have a 'pull up' handbrake, not a push button one.
    Sort of means you need two of ,I know only one of mine did a test in a manual the rest were auto and I've never seen one of my sons mates cars that wasnt an auto so maybe it's more popular than we think .
    If your out in the sticks would be hard to make ends meet if you have to lash out for both a manual and an auto.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    If your out in the sticks would be hard to make ends meet if you have to lash out for both a manual and an auto.
    Maybe. I'm still about 6 months off starting, so have a bit of time to work things out. Lots of 'Likes' and interest, but it's not a sale till the money's in the bank.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe. I'm still about 6 months off starting, so have a bit of time to work things out. Lots of 'Likes' and interest, but it's not a sale till the money's in the bank.
    mate from someone in the country.....we need someone like you in the country...believe inyourself....build it asnd they will come.....who bgives a fk auto oir manual.....just do it...i wish my kids could habve someone like you to teach em how to do real skids
    Last edited by Woof; 28th January 2018 at 12:10 PM.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

Clunk (28th January 2018), DX grunt (28th January 2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123