Thread: Decisions, decisions

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Your new dream gunna keep you out in the dirt mate or you going coastal?

PS... hope that rig is in the shed... Doodlakine Radar says its about to rain
    Too late, it's here. lol.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR583.loop.shtml#skip
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use your rig for the school... the youngun's out that way should be able to nail a hill start and reverse park in a Ute... traffic lights may be an issue tho
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (14th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The good thing is that you can actually put 'Never been offroad' on your ad and it wouldn't be a false statement

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (27th January 2018), GQtdauto (15th January 2018), growler2058 (15th January 2018), jack (14th January 2018), TPC (14th January 2018)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 719 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I want to start up a driving school based in my local town, but willing to travel to make sure the youngins get the skills to drive, not only pass the test! lol
    Wishing you the very best in your endeavor mate. Hope your dream comes true.
    Hey I may have to book in for a couple of lessons, next time I`m over your way.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pearcey For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (15th January 2018), GQtdauto (15th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only get one life. If you need to sell your ute to finance a dream - I say do it........... but make the dream a higher priority than getting your asking price. If you can realise your dream a small compromise on selling price will soon be forgotten. I reckon your price suggestion is a good opening gambit but for the reasons ET has mentioned .... be prepared to be flexible. Too many dreams get lost because folk base them on criteria over which they have no control! (Been there done that & learned the lesson - thankfully many years ago).

We agonised over selling our bus a couple of years ago, we'd had it a long time & it was set up as we wanted it, but we needed to sell it in order to 'move on'. Once the decision to sell was made it was like a load off our shoulders, reaching the decision was way harder than following through on that decision. Once we'd decided to sell we priced the bus at what we thought a fair & reasonable price. In hindsight we could have got more, but despite that feel we did the best thing. Waiting & waiting for a sale to happen once you have reached the decision to sell would not have been a nice space to be in. We got what we needed & the buyer got a good buy - win win. Others I knew who were selling a similar vehicle around the same time asked $5k more than us, & after placing all their plans 'on hold' for just over 6 months, dropped their price by $5k & got a sale within 2 weeks.

Good luck with whichever way you go.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (15th January 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    We only get one life. If you need to sell your ute to finance a dream - I say do it........... but make the dream a higher priority than getting your asking price. If you can realise your dream a small compromise on selling price will soon be forgotten. I reckon your price suggestion is a good opening gambit but for the reasons ET has mentioned .... be prepared to be flexible. Too many dreams get lost because folk base them on criteria over which they have no control! (Been there done that & learned the lesson - thankfully many years ago).

We agonised over selling our bus a couple of years ago, we'd had it a long time & it was set up as we wanted it, but we needed to sell it in order to 'move on'. Once the decision to sell was made it was like a load off our shoulders, reaching the decision was way harder than following through on that decision. Once we'd decided to sell we priced the bus at what we thought a fair & reasonable price. In hindsight we could have got more, but despite that feel we did the best thing. Waiting & waiting for a sale to happen once you have reached the decision to sell would not have been a nice space to be in. We got what we needed & the buyer got a good buy - win win. Others I knew who were selling a similar vehicle around the same time asked $5k more than us, & after placing all their plans 'on hold' for just over 6 months, dropped their price by $5k & got a sale within 2 weeks.

Good luck with whichever way you go.
    Thanks. I'm negotiable. I understand I may have to 'cut my losses'. It's gunna be 'walk in, walk out'.
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever thought of doing both learner drivers in two wheel drives and learners or advanced in four wheel drives ?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Ever thought of doing both learner drivers in two wheel drives and learners or advanced in four wheel drives ?
    Two different worlds...
    "Learners" isn't vocational IE all you need is a Police Check, Medical and Driving Instructor Licence issued by DoT.
    "4WD" comes under ASQA IE you need to be a Trainer/Assessor working for/own an RTO, submit to annual audits and hold the Scope for each and every bit of training you deliver.

The latter costs, like 100 times as much, has 100 times as much paperwork and is 100 times harder to get.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (15th January 2018), GQtdauto (15th January 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teaching learners how to 4wd would be useless. I never go off road, apparently. Lol, but true. Haha

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for it, you only live once. Follow your dreams.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (27th January 2018)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast