Thread: New OZ TENT RS-1 swag

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post
    Are you talking about the 8oz poly/cotton canvas as the new swag is made from a ModCan material?
    If that is the same material the rv is made from then yes, for sure.
    I wouldn’t think they would change from something that has worked for them so well

................on the move

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the rv range is 8oz poly/cotton canvas, the swag is this ModCan material what ever that is.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post
    snip... I am getting frustrated in which way to turn, do I get an rv1, or rv2 and use a self inflatting mattress or rv3 and stretcher or just keep it simple and get a new swag. I am a big bloke an 52 and have a hell of a time getting up out of a swag and do need a bit of room as I also use a cpap machine to top thing off. Which way to go is doing my head in.
    I'm older than that by 10 years, 140Kg and knees are shot
    If I lie on the ground I need a Fork Lift to get up

You don't need an RV3 unless you want heaps of room
    I have an RV1 and it fits a large single camp stretcher with my king single swag on top of that no worries.
    Plenty of room left for bags and gear.
    Comfy as with large vents/windows... and 150Cm's high means full head room if I am sitting up

RV2 is OK as well but is longer when packed (same length as the 3/4/5) and I wanted one that would fit in my Tray.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

MB (13th January 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    I'm older than that by 10 years, 140Kg and knees are shot
    If I lie on the ground I need a Fork Lift to get up

You don't need an RV3 unless you want heaps of room
    I have an RV1 and it fits a large single camp stretcher with my king single swag on top of that no worries.
    Plenty of room left for bags and gear.
    Comfy as with large vents/windows... and 150Cm's high means full head room if I am sitting up

RV2 is OK as well but is longer when packed (same length as the 3/4/5) and I wanted one that would fit in my Tray.
    That sounds good but the width of the rv1 is 215 and the stretcher that I want is 215 x100, might be a bit tight. but I am not looking for heaps of room. rvi1 would be the best option for me if I can get a big ass stretcher in it.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I reckon if your chasing an RV type tent then go the RV4 as its a great size. it really is not much different to pack and will take your gear easily. Got room if you end up taking a grand kid or something and a little more flexible. Great tent. As you get older a little room around you is nice, dont rip yourself off.

I have an RV5 with Peaked front but rarely set up the front. I have the storm fly that i leave permanently connected and pack up the tent with it connected. Often i will leave the front awning just hanging or in bad weather i will peg it out 500 away at the base without poles to allow me to slip in behind it and get in the tent. I can take my boots off under there and leave them. That is probably what i would do with the RS1 too which then basically makes it look like a conventional Peaked tent where you crawl in one side.

One night on the way to the Simpson we were camped at the Caravan park at Orooroo in SA and damn did it rain! Hard!!. i had mine set up as above. it was hot and wet as a shag. I had good ventilation and the storm fly kept the main tent basically dry. @AB and @Winnie got flooded out and ended up in the Laundry for the night and i was bone dry. funny night.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 14th January 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I reckon if your chasing an RV type tent then go the RV4 as its a great size. it really is not much different to pack and will take your gear easily. Got room if you end up taking a grand kid or something and a little more flexible. Great tent. As you get older a little room around you is nice, dont rip yourself off.

I have an RV5 with Peaked front but rarely set up the front. I have the storm fly that i leave permanently connected and pack up the tent with it connected. Often i will leave the front awning just hanging or in bad weather i will peg it out 500 away at the base without poles to allow me to slip in behind it and get in the tent. I can take my boots off under there and leave them. That is probably what i would do with the RS1 too which then basically makes it look like a conventional Peaked tent where you crawl in one side.

One night on the way to the Simpson we were camped at the Caravan park at Orooroo in SA and damn did it rain! Hard!!. i had mine set up as above. it was hot and wet as a shag. I had good ventilation and the storm fly kept the main tent basically dry. @AB and @Winnie got flooded out and ended up in the Laundry for the night and i was bone dry. funny night.
    Yeah real funny ya jerk!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 14th January 2018 at 02:15 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Yeah real funny ya jerk!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Mate it was hilarious!! Later! I thought of you guys when I was there the other week. Legendary night. Awesome trip.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What confuses me is that this cut down tent is about as close to a swag as this Darche unit. The only difference for me is perhaps the extra 120 seconds to get it up and maybe the breathability, but is it worth the cost difference - both are essentially 2 man tents.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Darche-D...QAAOSwA3dYhBaG

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    What confuses me is that this cut down tent is about as close to a swag as this Darche unit. The only difference for me is perhaps the extra 120 seconds to get it up and maybe the breathability, but is it worth the cost difference - both are essentially 2 man tents.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Darche-D...QAAOSwA3dYhBaG
    Yes I have seen the Dirty Dee and they come in 900,1100,1400 the rs1 is 1000mm wide, but unless you are skinny as I wouln't call them 2 man tents. the dirty dee 1400 you might get two people in but it would still be tight.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mad66 For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (14th January 2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234