Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New OZ TENT RS-1 swag

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all (including me :-) ) need to stop calling it a ‘Swag’ surely it is a little tent, lol :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th January 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 Times in 3,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I think we all (including me :-) ) need to stop calling it a ‘Swag’ surely it is a little tent, lol :-)

Yep you are right as usual Marky boy.

Just to clarify, we camped on Tuross river few weeks back and others had two arb double swags and one had a cheap 4wdsuper duper king daddy and we had our rv5.
    It pissed down in the evening but the arbs were dry as but hot, the king daddy got flooded, we were cool and dry. It was hot as fark that night

................on the move

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

AB (13th January 2018), MB (13th January 2018), MudRunnerTD (14th January 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure Krisso mate! RV’s do rock, we love em like your mob do too :-)! In fact it was your influence that set us off on a saving mission, we’ve never looked back ;-)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    For sure Krisso mate! RV’s do rock, we love em like your mob do too :-)! In fact it was your influence that set us off on a saving mission, we’ve never looked back ;-)

I’m after a double swag myself for those overnighters for me and the missus, boys got swags already.
    Was going to buy one of these arb ones but will wait to see what oztent releases

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxhead For This Useful Post:

MB (13th January 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good call on, labeling this a mini-tent. And not a swag!!
    I've had several swags over the years... But my original ARB dome is the best one I've had overall !! Quality, comfort, warmth in winter!! I'll never part with it and will last for a long time at this rate. It's been through hell and back, in some very shit weather and never leaked or anything like that.
    The only little draw back with it is, in warmer weather i can get hot as fark in there!
    The new design of the ARB dome's have a much larger openable roof for a million star view and will definitely make it cooler inside.

Also the mattress that comes with it is worth its weight in $ alone !! SO comfortable even on the ground...
    I cannot speak of the new versions of the dome as they are a different design and a different canvas. Slightly thinner.

I also LOVE my RV4, which I use in warmer months even when solo camping. The air flow is just amazing and sets up in seconds. Sets up way quicker than any of my swags!
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    Yep you are right as usual Marky boy.

Just to clarify, we camped on Tuross river few weeks back and others had two arb double swags and one had a cheap 4wdsuper duper king daddy and we had our rv5.
    It pissed down in the evening but the arbs were dry as but hot, the king daddy got flooded, we were cool and dry. It was hot as fark that night

I am suprised you say the king daddy got flooded, I have got one and it has been through a down poor and not got a drop in it and it was hot but not at night. I would hate to be in it at night on a hot night pissing down it would be unbearable. the more I hear of these rv 3,4 and 5's the more I am wanting one. I am getting frustrated in which way to turn, do I get an rv1, or rv2 and use a self inflatting mattress or rv3 and stretcher or just keep it simple and get a new swag. I am a big bloke an 52 and have a hell of a time getting up out of a swag and do need a bit of room as I also use a cpap machine to top thing off. Which way to go is doing my head in.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post
    I am suprised you say the king daddy got flooded, I have got one and it has been through a down poor and not got a drop in it and it was hot but not at night. I would hate to be in it at night on a hot night pissing down it would be unbearable. the more I hear of these rv 3,4 and 5's the more I am wanting one. I am getting frustrated in which way to turn, do I get an rv1, or rv2 and use a self inflatting mattress or rv3 and stretcher or just keep it simple and get a new swag. I am a big bloke an 52 and have a hell of a time getting up out of a swag and do need a bit of room as I also use a cpap machine to top thing off. Which way to go is doing my head in.
    Yeah it was flooded in one corner, half of the mattress was wet as. After closer look we figured it came through the seams and possibly zips but never mind, shit happens
    I know a few fellows who have one and swear by it.
    I suppose it depends how hard and long it pisses down for.

All I can say mate, you will not be disappointed in the rv series...gold

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I need a new setup is the zippers on the big daddy don't blood work and I can't roll the thing up properly by myself, it sags to much in the middle so it feels like a swag half the size. The rv range might be my answer. I was thinking of the rv1 but I don't think a stretcher will fit in that size. from what I understand is I need to go to the rv3 to fit the stretcher I want which is the Darches xl 100.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New OZ TENT RS-1 swag

Quote Originally Posted by mad66 View Post
    The reason I need a new setup is the zippers on the big daddy don't blood work and I can't roll the thing up properly by myself, it sags to much in the middle so it feels like a swag half the size. The rv range might be my answer. I was thinking of the rv1 but I don't think a stretcher will fit in that size. from what I understand is I need to go to the rv3 to fit the stretcher I want which is the Darches xl 100.
    I’ll wait to see if they release a double swag and see what dimensions they are . I reckon if they stick with the same material it will be a winner. I can just shake the water/condensation of the rv5 no dramas and it’s the quickest drying material I have ever seen... no need to put it up when you get home too

Edit; and that’s after a full nights rain

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhead View Post
    I’ll wait to see if they release a double swag and see what dimensions they are . I reckon if they stick with the same material it will be a winner. I can just shake the water/condensation of the rv5 no dramas and it’s the quickest drying material I have ever seen... no need to put it up when you get home too

Edit; and that’s after a full nights rain

Are you talking about the 8oz poly/cotton canvas as the new swag is made from a ModCan material?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast