OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with first 4WD (Nissan Patrol)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello, and welcome to the forum. Another cheap, but essential mod is to extend the diff (front and rear), transfer case and gearbox breather hoses to the top of the fire wall. This prevents water being sucked in and contaminating the oils. With luck, this has already been done on your new vehicle.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Cheers mate, so currently going to go look at the 2008 GU ($16k One) and try bargain for $14k and hopefully get it in the coming week so till then i'll be looking into what catches my eyes and would interest me in modifications terms
    Fair enough... going purely by the Ad it seems worth a look for sure but don't be in too much of a rush.
    If it is a dud just walk away, plenty more fish in the ocean.
    There is no statutory warranty with that one so the Dealer is essentially wholesaling it.

If you like it, pay the bucks and get it independently checked over.

You can expect the Intercooler to be leaking (oily deposits around the core) as the only ones that won't have been replaced or after market so no biggee there.
    If you take it for a test drive find somewhere like Roe where you can sit around 80KPH (75-90) for a few minutes to check for front wheel wobble.
    Don't let the saley tell you it is wheel balance or normal its not but if he insists it is balance tell him to get it sorted.
    You can negotiate fixes up until you buy it but after that you are on your own so beware any "verbal promises".... get it in writing
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (20th January 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12