Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    is there a supension page on the site i cant find it if there is one
    Hey mate - plenty of threads on suspension if you type it into the search, but not sure that there is a specific section for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of scattered information on suspension.

Interesting you ask though, what exactly are you after?

Comparison, brands, prices or general user feedback
    on all of the above?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i a bit of a novic about gq's..... i from nz and wanting some shocks Wih two inch maybe three i not sure atm that are soft but a way to make them firm so i can get warrents and cert. so many people have told me diffent things and i end up gettin so confused it not even funny... and you australian seem to know way more about gqs so i need help.
    i also need to know what oher bits i need like longer brake hoses or what ever.... as i said i have no clue about this stuff so treat me like a idiot lol

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i a bit of a novic about gq's..... i from nz and wanting some shocks Wih two inch maybe three i not sure atm that are soft but a way to make them firm so i can get warrents and cert. so many people have told me diffent things and i end up gettin so confused it not even funny... and you australian seem to know way more about gqs so i need help.
    i also need to know what oher bits i need like longer brake hoses or what ever.... as i said i have no clue about this stuff so treat me like a idiot lol
    Mate we're hardly going to do that.....lol

Ok the reason you've been told so many different things about suspension on GQ's even 4x4's in general is there is just that many options & combinations available.

Pricing will depend largely on height & brand, so the thing you need to do is sit down & have a think about what it is you intend to do with your Patrol & then you will get better & more accurate answer on what it is you will require in the way of suspension components.

There is a lot of very knowledgeable ppl here who will be able to help you set up your Patrol but as I said, think about what you want to be doing in it first.

It will save you time, money & lessen that head spin of yours if you do.

All the Best

Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 7th May 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday mate, first i spose is what ya wanna use your troll for, also then what size tyres ya wanna fit. A 2" lift requires in most cases just the springs and shocks head up and you need to look at castor adjustment in either offset bushes extended arms or dropped boxes, and also extended brake lines. Up to 4" you can put you rear brake line on the front and buy an extended rear line and save a coupla $'s

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!