User Tag List

Thread: Clutch Booster Grinding

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clutch Booster Grinding

Gidday All!! I've done a manual conversion on my GQ. All went well and everything is working pretty much as it should.
    I initially elected not to use the booster. Strong knees and a not too heavy clutch means that the weight on the peddle isn't excessive and easily driven. However, my partner doesn't quite see it this way. So I hooked up the booster to the vacuum pump and it made a massive difference (now like driving my Mums Delica). Booster does its job nicely. Except...
    The peddle has a strange grinding feeling in it when moving out through the free play (after the clutch has fully engaged). No issue when pushing the peddle down, and no issue bringing it up (or with the clutch engaging), just when moving out through the free play. It DOES NOT do it when the booster isn't hooked up. There are no issues at all when the vacuum lines aren't hooked up, and when the are, the issue is only in the peddle, not the master/ slave, or the clutch itself.

Any ideas what could cause it? Maybe just an old/ stuffed booster. I'm not getting a new one or rebuilding this one if its stuffed cause the rest of it works fine and i dont mind the weight. The missus can harden up a bit. But it would be nice for it to be working as its supposed to.

Cheers all, Dylan
    1992 Nissan Safari Granroad LWB TD42 after market turbo RE4R03A (for now) 3" straight pipe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement