Thread: Hello everyone

Threaded View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone

Hi all to all on this forum. I just want to introduce myself a bit.
    I went shopping for a mid-size vehicle with my wife. I want to start exploring WA more and get of the main roads, camping and exploring. We looked at many - Tritons, Challengers, etc etc and my wife picked a lovely 2004 GU 3.0 Patrol ST-L to sit in and said it was “nice”. A few days later it’s sitting in my driveway! So far I’m absolutely loving it.
    She’s had a full check up with a clean bill of health and new tyres and shocks. I found some extras on her - Polyair bags in the rear, electronic braking system of some kind, dual batteries. She has a UHF radio I discovered the unit behind the air outlet in the drivers footwell. But no mike and the plate was missing so I can’t use it oh well I’ll just have to get a new replacement for her 😬.
    Yesterday I found a compressor on Gumtree for $80 so I can adjust air pressure for beach and off road. I think I will have to slow down a bit as there are so many things I want to get for her.
    My previous vehicle was (I still have it) a Nissan Xtrail. And before that I had a Suzuki Sierra for many years and loved it. The kids grew a bit too big for the back if it so I donated her to a mate for beach use.
    Anyway I enjoy reading the items about Patrols and your stories. I look forward to getting some hints and tips from you guys.

Cheers

Paul

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perkins58 For This Useful Post:

AB (9th December 2017)