User Tag List

Thread: Superior shocks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superior shocks

hey peoples, have a 92 GQ wagon which has had 9000procomp shocks on for the last ten years now, always given a great ride but one has just started leaking . need a new set now as was wondering if anyone has had experience with superior engineering's own nitro shock .thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow , no comments at all looks like i'll stick with pro comp then .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got their adjustable remote reservior shocks in my 79dc and am really happy so far, rides nice even empty on +400kg springs
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melcor View Post
    hey peoples, have a 92 GQ wagon which has had 9000procomp shocks on for the last ten years now, always given a great ride but one has just started leaking . need a new set now as was wondering if anyone has had experience with superior engineering's own nitro shock .thanks
    Sorry Mate, your thread may have got lost in the soup. I have read good and bad about the Superior shocks but don't have first hand experience with them if you can save a little more and step up into some Fox would be a real winner but from all account you won't be disappointed.

Assuming your looking at the remote res shocks and they have a decent warranty they will be fine.

When my Old Man Emu die (180,000kms and still going strong) i will be be going the BP51s and will expect them to see out the car.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (5th December 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the reply guys , ive already ordered replacement 9000procomps . as I said had em on the wifes gq wagon for well over 10yrs now and do some serious 4wheeling (camp road, landcruiser park for an example) and one has only just failed so im happy with sticking with them . thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to melcor For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (6th December 2017)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend som raw nitro shocks. They're not to pricey and are the only shocks i have really been pleased with on my land rover defender 110. I have the nitro on my defender 90 and nitro max on the 110. Both are lifted 2 inches, the raw were superb, firm rebound, so very good on the road and under heavy load on the 110 they keep their composure on corregation extremely well. I live in kenya, have driven the 110 fully loaded, total weight fully kitted around 3.5-4 tonnes. No sag in the rear and super controlled. Had some procomps on, but they couldnt handle the rought corregations. I broke 4 of them before finally going for raw nitros. The procomps all broke on the screw at the bottom, first i thought it was the angle of the mount that created extra stress at that exact point, but they brokw on the exact same spot on the 90 too. And the raw nitro has had no issues at all, didnt change the mounts or anytjing, so i can safely say that the angle of the mounts was not the issue.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joakim_vv For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (13th March 2018)