Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

installing a a/c condenser fan on my GU8

Like most with 2012 crd's, mine doesn't come with a fan, so ordered a fan from wreckers, and checked out the plug taped to the loom by the bonnet latch.
    My plug has 2 wires, green/yellow and purple.
    Every diagram I have found shows a yellow wire from the relay to the fan and black to earth.
    Have I found the correct plug? OR is there no fan plug on my model?
    I have a cooling fan relay in the "box" by the battery, top row extreme right (blue). From the diagrams I have, it isn't wired for the fan, only the power side from the aircon relay. The fan main power has no fuse or wiring in the main fuse box by the battery, which obviously needs doing.
    I have tried searching the workshop manuals on the forum, but not knowing what section code to look for, having difficulty finding the a/c section.
    cheers
    Lana
    Last edited by shantillylais; 30th November 2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: more info
    GU8 2012 Simpson anniversary model, 3" redback exhaust, 2nd primary filter (original secondary), provent 200, Scangauge, engine watchdog, remote uhf dash plug, DRL's, pillarpod with pyro and boost, Titan drawer system, tail light upgrade, more to come