Thread: The value of dual fuel filters

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    They are the Delphi version of the CAV type glass bowl filter, bought online from Ebay/Wagga Tractors. Delphi 296. Depending on where you look they are either 5, 5.5 or 6 to 9 microns!
    The diesel in the glass bowl had a fair bit of fine sediment in it, whereas the diesel I drained from the standard filter was very clean.
    Fitting the primer bulb is probably one of the best mods anyone could make I reckon (IMHO). I also fitted one when I fitted the CAV filter (I copied Macca) & it makes priming SO easy compared to those silly short stroke pumps on top of the standard filter. Would be worthwhile even without the pre-filter. I also found that not all primer bulbs were rated for use with diesel, & shopped around until I got one that was.

If I was fitting the pre-filter again I'd consider putting it on the passenger side of the motor, even though it would significantly increase hose lengths, only because accessing it where I have it is a bit too squeezy, making the task of replacing the filter element & re-bolting the assembly back together a bit of a juggling act. I suspect that if I ever need to replace a filter element out in the desert it will provided sufficient motivation for me to move it when I get back home.

Attachment 73913
    Hey Cuppa - hoping you can clear something up for me?? I got myself a 2010 GU CRD on the weekend and looking under the bonnet I spotted one of the priming bulbs pretty much the same as what you have in the photo above and I assumed that it was a second fuel filter but now I'm a bit more confident that's what it is

I also noticed another can with a plastic cover on it and it looks the same as the one in your photo above that is located at about 45 degrees up and right from the priming bulb - what's that one??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gags View Post
    Hey Cuppa - hoping you can clear something up for me?? I got myself a 2010 GU CRD on the weekend and looking under the bonnet I spotted one of the priming bulbs pretty much the same as what you have in the photo above and I assumed that it was a second fuel filter but now I'm a bit more confident that's what it is

I also noticed another can with a plastic cover on it and it looks the same as the one in your photo above that is located at about 45 degrees up and right from the priming bulb - what's that one??
    On the CRD, that priming bulb is for your standard fuel filter (the TD42 filter housing has a pump on top) - i assume it's between the battery and the firewall (slightly towards the engine-side)?
    Jon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    They are the Delphi version of the CAV type glass bowl filter, bought online from Ebay/Wagga Tractors. Delphi 296.

Is this the one?
    Jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12