Thread: Chemiweld

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chemiweld

Hi guys i think i am getting exhaust gas build up in my 96 GQ RD28 as it pushes coolant to the over flow bottle.
    Coolant does not return to radiator.
    I have put new thermostat in new water pump new clutch fan and new radiator it does not over heat at the moment sits about half way on temp gauge or just over half when i am doing about 110km with air con on
    i was hoping for some advise on a additive to put in to it to hopefully last me to next years tax time so i can get it fixed properly.
    There are a few head gasket and block crack products on the market like Chemiweld that claim to work for leaks but i can not find any info if they fix exhaust gas leaks.

Has anyone had a similar problem or know if there is a product i can try for a temp fix
    thanks in advance for any information that may help me
    Cheers Geoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Geoff Nulon make a product for this type of thing .It has a money back garante so if it doesn't fix it you take the empty bottle back n they refund your money .
    Hope you can fix till next year .
    Cheers Craig

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not a good idea to rely on coolant additive to temporarily fix the problem for that long mate, but it is your vehicle at the end of the day. You can use from more expensive "Steel Seal"(basically sodium silicate, nothing more) to all the other head gasket fix products from auto parts shop. I paid over hundred bucks for Steel Seal years ago not realizing how badly it gummed up the water passages between the head and the block, and FIIK what it has done inside the radiator. These are products meant to get the car going for a little while in an emergency situation, rather than for months. Sure occasionally people do take chances and 'succeed'.
    For a turbo diesel engine it is an extra challenge I reckon. Try Chemweld or similar product by all means, but it's better to pull the head out and fix it properly. It can be fixed under 1k with a brand spanking new cylinder head(not a reconditioned one) if you're ok with DIY with a bit of elbow grease.
    Last edited by dom14; 26th November 2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spellings & grammar
    RB30, some 2-3 inch lift auxiliary LPG tanks
    Few more mods on the way
    http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/tiger
    https://www.panthera.org/
    Cheetah Outreach

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNqGu04 View Post
    Hi Geoff Nulon make a product for this type of thing .It has a money back garante so if it doesn't fix it you take the empty bottle back n they refund your money .
    Hope you can fix till next year .
    Cheers Craig
    Money back is ok depending on how much you pay for it. If the head gasket fix product that costs under twenty bucks, the money back guarantee is probably not worth the trip to get the money back.
    Last edited by dom14; 26th November 2017 at 10:35 PM.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dom14 For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (26th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all of those products are short term band aids , if your getting exhaust into the cooling system then either the gasket has failed or the head is cracked. a bit of goop in the radiator is never going to last against combustion pressure and will ultimately just block up cooling passages and your radiator leading to more expense when you find you need to fix it properly
    gone to the dark side 2017 vdj 79 dc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to billyj For This Useful Post:

dom14 (26th November 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    all of those products are short term band aids , if your getting exhaust into the cooling system then either the gasket has failed or the head is cracked. a bit of goop in the radiator is never going to last against combustion pressure and will ultimately just block up cooling passages and your radiator leading to more expense when you find you need to fix it properly
    Mine's still going(the radiator) after putting that heavily overpriced Steal Seal crap(Instead getting a Sodium Silicate bottle for ten bucks from chemist).
    I did a high pressure(back pressure) flushing of the radiator on a bench last year though, so that might have put bit more time on
    it by flushing out some of the gunk.
    Few more mods on the way
    Cheetah Outreach